Grocery Outlet 2020 [Bay Area]

image image image image image image
Bayshore Blvd. SF
The sauerkraut kimchi and the hot sauce are really good, I had them previously and went back to stock up. The hot sauce heat comes from habanero but the green is from leeks and cilantro and has a nice vinegary tang.

3 Likes

That Colombian hot sauce rocks and rolls!
I bought 6 bottles, almost all they had at our store.
A really potent afterburner effect.
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

From yesterday at the Palo Alto store:

Honey from various US locale:

4 Likes

Fiscalini Scotch Ale Cheddar for $3.99 in Hayward.

1 Like

Down in Los Angeles, one GO has the Plainville farm turkeys, 16 - 18 pounds, marked down to $5 each. I bought two!

Did those appear in the Bay area at all?

2 Likes

I’m in Southern Oregon. I’ll look today!
:slight_smile:

Some have it at $5 - some still are charging $19.99. Maybe call your GO’s first?

1 Like

I go 2 or 3 times a week just for fun.
Life in the Outback.

• they’re the only place that carries 6 paks of my favorite Schilling English Dry Cider.
    And Goodwill is next door.
    A win win.
    :cowboy_hat_face:
4 Likes

They were carrying that brand at Thanksgiving in the Bay Area. Thanks for the notice, I’m going to check the freezer section this week to see of they have a super sale going on. No need to wait another year for roast turkey!

1 Like

Exactly! I had tried a new method of roasting a turkey this year - and I wrecked it. So when I saw the sale, there was much rejoicing :grinning:

1 Like

Totally get it. The GO I got the turkey from is right next to an Aldi’s, a Dollar King and across the street? A killer thrift shop. I pack snacks as I know, it’s gonna be an adventure!

2 Likes

Bayshore Blvd. SF
image image image image image

6 Likes

Couple days ago at Palo Alto. Humphry Slocombe ice cream in the house. Just one flavor though.

6 Likes

Seen at the Hayward GO today:

–Blue Bottle Bold Cold Brew cans for 99 cents each
–4-pack of Fentenman’s Ginger for $2.99
–Siggi’s yogurt (mixed berry/acai and ginger & orange flavors) for 79 cents each

Alas, none of the good stuff that the Bayshore Blvd. branch has. The ice cream selection was particularly thin on the ground.

3 Likes

Bayshore Blvd., SF

1 Like

So they’re charging the SF folks 50 cents/can more for the Blue Bottle? Not surprised.

2 Likes

It’s not GO raising prices on SF customers, it’s the owner of the Bayshore store doing this when they can get away with it. (Both this store and the Mission GO had the same owner until recently, I believe; a quick check of GO’s website suggests they may have recently sold the Bayshore location to a new owner.)

Whether they do it mainly to milk a few extra bucks out of customers or because costs in SF really squeeze their margins I can’t say for sure, but I’ve always found it curious that neither of the other two SF stores ever seem to raise the prices to nearly the same extent as you see at Bayshore and South Van Ness.

2 Likes

From a couple of days ago in the PA store:

2 Likes

Yesterday at the PA store:

The Kind bars expires next month:

I only saw a bottle of this Sir Kensington on the shelf. Price unknown.

2 Likes

That’s a great price for Teapigs! Usually they’re so expensive.