Goodbye from John_E

Hugs to you and yours. I wish you peace and joy.

Life shouldn’t be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly shouting, Wow, What a Ride! I hope you have had a fabulous ride.

5 Likes

I don’t know John_E, I hope peace in mind. A similar quote that inspired by @BeefeaterRocks which moves me a lot, by Michel Eyquem de Montaigne: “The value of life lies not in the length of days, but in the use we make of them; a man may live long yet live very little.”

3 Likes

I hadn’t seen this before. John E, so sorry for all you have to endure. Thank you for your contributions in both places over the years. WIshing you peace and comfort as much as you can find under such difficult circumstances.

John, my very best to you.

Oh, John, I just saw this - I am so so so sorry. I don’t know what else to say.

Dear John_E,

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I started reading your posts soon after you changed your icon to the logo for an old MN grocery chain, Red Owl. Did I ever tell you I tried to buy the (giant, like 15 ft square) neon sign from the old Lyndale store when they changed hands? I had no place to put it, I just wanted the damn thing. So when I saw your icon, of course I had to “follow” you.

You’ve shared rational and insightful posts on threads where there was little rationality being put forth. It’s been a joy to read your thoughts.

I wish you all the care and love you need from family and friends. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

2 Likes

John_E,

Devastating news for any person and family to receive. The food tube was the hardest part for my sister, who had a very aggressive mouth/tongue cancer. She was told there was little chance of survival, and that if she did survive she had no chance of ever being able to talk again. What a crushing prognosis. Six years later, she is still here, and she can talk. Eating certain foods is still a bit difficult, but the feed tube is long gone and she has found strategies that allow her to compensate. If you are at all interested in the names of the people on her medical team, feel free to contact me.

I hope that you are able to find ways to experience joy and love during what time you might have. My thoughts are with you and your entire support family.

5 Likes

John, I am very sorry to learn of your illness. I have just migrated from CH where you were a voice of reason and experience. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with all of us. Vaya con dios.

2 Likes