Good nachos?????

My wife is craving nachos for dinner, suggestions on who has really good nachos in the Asbury Park area would be appreciated

Haven’t been yet, but I heard secondhand that all the food and even the drinks are good here

http://www.barriocostero.com/

If you go, let me know.

Almost forgot, I have had good nachos and other things here in AP

http://garibaldimexicanfood.com/menu/?lang=en

Barrio doesn’t have nachos, chips with beet hummus or quac.

I will have to check out the other place

Does anybody know if Mogo Fusion Tacos does Nachos?

If they don’t, they should. I’ll bet they would be awesome.

They do not

Just tweeted that idea to Mogo…

I’m not sure this would be classified as fusion, but the smoked brisket nachos at tre calore in Middletown are solid. Don’t do take out for these. Get them hot out of the oven. These are a nice treat.

keep meaning to try this place…was picking up a cake from J&M and a platter for Florentinos and noticed that Tre Colore does Mexican now too?

The brisket tacos from tre colore are pretty good. I also like that their green salsa is not that spicy. But the one thing I can’t get over is that they include lemons instead of limes

It’s a good option when you can’t figure out what to eat or your group wants different things, but I don’t know if they could hold up against a real Mexican place

So I had to go the library around lunch and tre calorie was on the way. Stopped in for the brisket nachos.

First I have to say that service was friendly and the place was busy, people going in and out all the time for take our orders.

The nachos arrived, artfully presented on a plastic tray. The portion was good for lunch, and the brisket, while not plentiful, had good flavor.

HOWEVER, and this is a big BUT for me, the nachos used cheese whiz rather than real cheese. While you expect this at a movie theatre, not so much at a sit down place that has ovens.

Also, and this is a minor beef, they used flour rather than corn torillas.

Sorry CJ but I am not a big fan of cheese whiz on anything, and especially on my nachos, where I like lots of melty tasty cheddah and monteray jack.

So overall, the brisket nachos were not a dish that I would order again. But it was interesting and I would be willing to give some of their other stuff a try. The meatball sub seemed really popular.

Yeah, based on the nachos not sure I would further explore the mexican menu at Tre Colore. There were two guys speaking Spanish at one table, but they were eating Italian.

Gotta say International Mexican Grocery and the strip in Long Branch have turned into my go to destinations for Mexican.

The Godfather sandwich from tre colore is pretty good.

Homemade meatballs served on the garlic bread topped with creamy vodka sauce and melted mozzarella cheese.

the god mother is good too.

Darn, not a wiz guy viking? Im sure they would put other cheese on it for you if you asked.

Whiz on a cheese steak is where it is at. Sorry / not sorry LOL

Right on…Wiz kicks ass

On a cheese steak I order prov wit myself.

I don’t eat whiz.

Hey, while we’re off the topic, Pat’s or Geno’s?

Dennis Miller Live [1994]

Dennis Miller:

Cheez Whiz is not something you eat, it’s something you consult a urologist over.

[after the crowd’s reaction] You’ll never eat it again, will you?

2 Likes

I’m shooting it straight into my mouth as I type.

Wait a minute - that came out wrong.

2 Likes