Good nachos?????

So I was at Frankieā€™s in PPB today and they have Nachos. I got a burger today because they are SO good, but everything there is pretty tasty.

Iā€™m thinking I may have to go back.

Donā€™t get the Nachos at Barrio if you are looking for something resembling actual nachos. They give you like 4 chips with a few things placed carefully on it. I was not impressed with it. Everything else knocked my socks off though!

2 Likes

How do you feel about chili on Nachoes?

Reason Iā€™m axin is I notice lots of Jersey places like Frankieā€™s and Pour House put chili on the nachos.

Iā€™m not a big fan of soggin out the chips, I really like seasoned ground beef on my 'choes.

It just dawned on me that houlihans actually has good nachos. The full order is a huge platter that will last almost a full night of drinking. They also have the half order which is still pretty large, but you have to ask for it.

Iā€™m personally firmly in the ā€œchili is good on everythingā€ camp. I think a part of the fun of a dish like nachos is that every bite is different, and in that spirit I like a little sog here and there.

I havenā€™t had it in a while but at places like Jackā€™s in Long Branch you can order nachos and request pulled pork on top. This makes the nachos way, way better.

1 Like

I believe pulled pork makes EVERYTHING taste better, @joonjoon! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know where to put this so Iā€™ll drop it here, Iā€™m not a big nacho person but I had a lunch appt recently at Mc Cloons Pier Village. They had short rib nachos that were above average in my opinion.

McC Looneyā€™s ? Really ?

Yeah, itā€™s not a reason I would go there, but if thatā€™s what someone is looking for it was ā€œgoodā€.

1 Like

Homemade. Organic chips. Adams Reserve NY cheddar, shredded roast chikn, Pico de Gallo, extra fresh hatch chilis.

1 Like

Gotta say those chopped fresh hatch chilis make the dish.

I sliced a little Hatch on to the mixed salad last night.

My wife accused me of trying to poison heršŸ˜­ !

Halftime snack.

1 Like

My son picked up an order of nachos from one of the vendors and honestly they werenā€™t half bad. (For stadium food)

Re: Stadium Nachoes. Real cheese or cheese sauce (whiz) ?

Also pickled jalapenos or no?

Whiz and sliced fresh jalapeƱo which was a nice touch. Also chili, sour cream and quac.