Goldthread: We Went to Noodle School and Learned How to Pull Noodles - Eat China (S2E1)

1 Like
1 Like

Fantastic videos! Thanks @zippo1 for posting them. For some reasons, I’ve noticed this thread, but started to watch them only today!

1 Like

Not exactly a noodle but a layered thick Shandong pancake that shares some noodle-making techniques.

Not noodles but cheese which I haven’t seen before. Anyone know if this is available in the Sf Bay Area?

1 Like

I don’t recall it being on menus at the few Yunnan restaurants (it was a special order at one HOdown at a Yunnan/Sichuan place, but the chef just used costco paneer :-), which was of course good!

1 Like

Upon second thought, Cloudland Rice Noodle has both the fried cheese slabs and “fried dairy fan”(炸乳扇, rushan)

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x808fbf4fcf320f39%3A0xfce0e9ce773242bc!3m1!7e131!5zQ2xvdWRsYW5kIFJpY2UgTm9vZGxlIOmbsuWutumEiemBjuapi-Wckg!15sCgIgAQ&hl=en&imagekey=!1e3!2s-UMuIl01k0ak%2FX5ADkGzYETI%2FAAAAAAAAAUI%2FI1Bp04-A-iUPCyH3wnl9S6q10A9D0PSZgCJUFGAYYCw#

1 Like

not noodles but Beijing cheese (video is from 5 years ago)-

0:00
​ Introduction
5:00​ Hong Kong food tour
11:46​ How to make rice noodle rolls
18:49​ Foraging in Hong Kong

Goldthread

Goldthread3 days ago

Guys!! Our Eat China Noodle series won at the Digiday Awards! If you’re curious, you can watch that episode in the screenshot right here:

1 Like

not noodles but tofu puddding

1 Like