Global Knives up to 50% off!!!! Incredible!

This online vendor is awesome. Better selection and service than many common consumer retailers.

https://www.cutleryandmore.com/global.htm?utm_campaign=Global%20Sale

1 Like

I agree about Cutlery and More, but Global is not for everyone. Buying a kitchen knife is very personal, and benefits greatly when one can see and try. Global knives are available face to face at many retailers.

Ray

thanks for the tip! I have 4 Global knives and love them. Bought myself a straight paring knife.

I got a left handed Shun petty knife (Asian utility):

Took me about 2 years to figure out how to use it the right way.

Ray

I don’t mean to sound like a Debbie Downer but I’ll never do business with Global. Their fulfillment execution is dreadful. They’re very slow and unresponsive. They are on my banned list. :joy:

It also seems like the best reason to buy Global knives is that you really love the handle. It seems pretty clear that you can get blades just as good or better for that price, from other manufacturers - and if you don’t love the handle on your Global, then you’re pretty likely to hate it instead, and end up never using the knife.

2 Likes

Hi R_D,

I agree, but not so strongly. Buying knives is very personal, and my negative reaction to Global was instantaneous. I’ve had a similar reaction to Victorinox–even as I recommended them as ideal starter knives. I just gave the one I had away. We all have our personal peculiarities.

I can usually decide almost immediately–face to face; much slower online.

Ray

1 Like

I meant this as an alternative to Global. The handle is customized to my larger left hand, and the VG10 core is more durable.

Ray

1 Like

I recently bought a Yaxell from Cutlery and More. Seems pretty good.
I have been using a Misono for 4 years. Great knife.

1 Like