GE Advantium Oven

Sorry for my ignorance - what is the connection between Covid and not wanting to turn on the dishwasher?
Genuine question.

I was told by the same repairman that the manufacturers only make parts for as long as they make particular models. Then the stockpile of spare parts (mostly circuit boards) becomes increasingly scarce - and expensive.

1 Like

True, I’m sure.

My whirlpool dishwasher started screaming right at the beginning of the pandemic. I ordered up a motor/pump assembly and stuck in in the back of the pantry. My thought process was, when it stopped screaming and locked up, I’d replace it and continue on.
Well it still hasn’t locked up… it screams every night, but does the dishes perfectly… so I just turn the TV up louder and let it scream.

Three things…

1.) I was not suggesting a replacement for a wall oven. Just that for those that want, fast, crispy results for things like pizza, fries, etc. you can get a unit that really excels at this for not a lot of money.

2.) The FX has elements above and below the cooking surface.

3.) GE’s use of the term “Halogen” describes the element whereas Panasonic’s use of “infrared” describes the wavelength of the emitted light. The Flash Xpress uses quartz elements, but both halogen and quartz elements give off infrared (or near infrared) radiation.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarifications.

I mentioned upthread (my reply to Miss belle) that my interest in this thing to start with was as a replacement for a wall oven. Few would be interested in a $3800 microwave or toaster oven. But always glad to have threads that veer off into other information that might be useful for others.

This may not be exactly the discussion you are looking for, but it might point you in the direction of some that are similar regarding this product.

Thank you Amanda for that link.

I remember using Houzz reviews years ago when it was the Garden Web. Problem always was there were so many contradictory comments about any and every topic that it all got lost in a morass of opinions, too many of which focussed on trivia like the shape of the handle or whatever. But that’s how it is with crowd sourcing. Any and all information is helpful.

1 Like

I liked the old Garden Web cookware forum. I googled something the other day and got a link to something I’d posted there years ago - under a different handle than my name here. Can’t sign in anymore. I’ve forgotten my password and the email address I used there is no longer in business.

Not enough people dining to warrant using a dishwasher, sadly.