Garnishes

Dressage, A.K.A., more clearly, “tweezerfood”.

2 Likes

Especially for people with large hands or fat fingers.

1 Like

Strawberry flower on my dessert tonight. Garnish isn’t dead.

3 Likes

We are talking, I think, about two things here. There are the works of art of Asian masters, Michelin restaurateurs and patisseries, the extraordinary artistic efforts of home chefs, food as an art form. And food that is plated with an addition of a fruit or herbal or sauce design or other flavorful flourish.

Both treatments delight the eye as well as the palate. And both have their place. I personally prefer a fresh garnish rather than one that relies on stabilizers to maintain color and structure for long times between kitchen and service. But needs must for both pastry and savory products in restaurants and tratteurs.

1 Like

Not only Asian. There is Meilleur Ouvrier de France Primeur. Below is the work of Frederic Jaunault (MOF 2011).

2 Likes

As near as I can tell that strawberry is ten knife cuts. Not much for a professional with good knife skills. In my experience, interestingly, not all professionals have particularly good knife skills. Some who apprentice and manage to avoid doing prep for a few years aren’t great.

I know the work of this French artist.

This is fruit and vegetable carving … Masterpieces of art !

I do not think it falls into the category of “garnish” which is a separate decorative effect used on plates or in bowls etcetra.

1 Like

MINIMALIST GARNISHING …
Two Michelin Andrea Arepa, Hotel Hyatt Park, Milano.
Two Michelin Starred Rene Rezepi, Copenhagen.
Multi Michelin Alexandre Massa, Marseille.

RESTAURANT%20VUN%20MILANO%20BURATTA79250319_1567726336708034_9010478367782207488_n

2 Likes

Who is this? I only found a sports guy with this name.

1 Like

Alexandre Mazzia is a Chef in Marseille, Restaurant A.M. (photo 1)

Photo 2 & 3) Rene Redzepi.

Photo 4) ** Michelin Starred Andrea Aprea.

1 Like

His name is Alexandre Mazzia.

2 Likes

@naf & @small_h

Yes i spelt Alexandre´s surname incorrectly. IT IS: ALEXANDRE MAZZIA …
RESTAURANT A.M. (Marseille City) …

Thanks and have a nice evening.

1 Like