Gabriellas (Italian steakhouse) coming to middletown nj

I’ll allow it. Yes, i do like them… but the filling I have is usually rice or ground beef/turkey based. Cheesteak, you say!?? Now that is creative!

1 Like

Yes, traditional would be rice and chopped meat in a red sauce, stuffed and baked. I did start trying both beef and chicken cheese steaks with onions and it’s quite good. Also Trader Joes has an excellent meatless meat, that I have mixed with (brown) rice for a slightly healthier alternative to red meat. Honestly you can’t tell the difference between the meatless meat and traditional ground beef once you flavor it up a bit. (I use garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, chopped onions, butter and worcestershire to help give it a more genuine ground beef flavor)

1 Like

I’m all for eating healthier, but be sure you read the nutrition label on the meatless meat… I had a Beyond Burger and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was, and then I looked at the numbers–high in fat!

2 Likes

lol remember you are talking to the guy who has poured vodka (at least it was chocolate flavored) over his breakfast cereal. (for the record it was a white russian so there was milk involved) Agreed though the nutritional factors on some of these are not as healthy as you would think.

3 Likes

Not a fan of peppers as filler in subtle dishes – crab cakes are a perfect example. On the other hand, I find bell peppers when used as a base and sauteed and then literally cooked down to become an invisible flavor enhancer (not overpowerer) in say a gumbo, chili base or sofrito is the best use for them. Short of a ‘bell pepper dish’ such as stuffed peppers or sausage and peppers they are way too strong for most foods… except maybe an assortment of colors in a salad…

1 Like

I think we may be soulmates…

2 Likes

At first I thought you were responding to me, then I remembered I didn’t have a soul!

1 Like

Well I do!!

2 Likes

This ( I hope the video plays for those who click it) is exactly what my concern was about this place. This is from a DJ I’m friends with on Facebook, this was Gabriella’s “brunch”…if this is the crowd they are shooting for, any argument about the food being a priority over the bar is out the window. ((sigh))

Since I don’t think the link is going to work, here is a screenshot from the video, that’s a robot with a smoke machine as well as a female dancer on the bar in the background.

2 Likes

That looks like a scene cut out of robocop. Unreal. So much for a nice high class high end steakhouse coming into the area.
Just saw below on FB. Goes right with your picture and does NOT scream high class steak joint. Was not aware of any bottle service at Lugers or del friscos

1 Like

Yeah I was very saddened to see this, these are the same promoters who did the Park East Sunday brunch which the Hazlet PD finally put an end to. This place as I was suspicious of, has sold out any credibility as a since fine dining restaurant.

Now it’s a place to eat to be “seen” I was hoping it was far enough away from downtown RB to escape that destiny.

1 Like

I mean the high end of society is usually a strip mall next to a grocery store and Dairy Queen.
If it’s the Park East clowns I don’t see this lasting long given their rep. I wonder if this downturn means the place wasn’t doing so well with the initial concept?
I might be wrong but given this concept makes
Money, it’s usually not how spots start out correct? The over serving bottle service bottle girl dancer routine?
Also not to go too far down the gutter but this is prob more of a manalapan spot than a red bank scene?

Should clarify, it will prob be packed but at some point it will get shut down or blow up somehow

2 Likes

I don’t live in Manalapan, so I take no offense to the comment, but is that really the perception of Manalapan these days? If so, where at? (Only joking, of course)

Well let me clarify, I know the promoters, DJ’s and entertainment they are using are the same as those who started and ran the Park East Sunday Brunch. This has nothing to do with the ownership of Park East. My suspicion(s) all along have been the bar scene was going to be the draw, especially with the outdoor bar / patio etc. They are going to try to walk the old Ash’s line, club during the weekend and restaurant during the week.

I don’t think it’s a sign of any failing of the restaurant, these brunch’s turn HUGE profits (as bottle service always does) so it’s hard to say that this was out of necessity vs. their actual business plan from inception.

Regarding the crowd, with Park East it was a very Staten Island crowd. Don’t know if they are going to venture this far south on 35, but it doesn’t appear like there were many empty tables in the video clip.

1 Like

yeah tried to clarify my earlier post- this will make $$$$ for sure for as long as they can keep it together. I don’t doubt SI was a large slice of Park East- trust me- they travel to RB too; so I also see this venture falling apart at some point as well.

my limited and anecdotal experience (and surely painting with a broad brush) is that Manalapan seems to be SI of Monmouth county to some extent.

Manalapan, Marlboro, Freehold, and extended areas. All of Monmouth County, really. I think of Osteria and Cuzin’s as the hangouts over here, but I also saw a lot of NY license plates pulling up to Aarzu a couple weekends ago.

1 Like

Very interesting. I wouldn’t go to this.