Gabriellas (Italian steakhouse) coming to middletown nj

I would have had this one. Was the ponderossa in that spot or next to it?

As others have said, the local pizza spots arenā€™t going to serve steak. If you go to a little more formal Italian place they generally will have one or two steak selections compared to more ā€œfocusedā€ steakhouses that could have a dozen, or more, cuts and sizes.

1 Like

Iā€™ll start a new thread. I found quite a bit of stuff. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

10- 4

1 Like

Longhorns, you might be surprised how few there are. We were driving back to Houston from Austin a couple of years ago and saw a small herd and stopped to take pictures. Itā€™s not an everyday occurrence. In almost 60 years Iā€™ve only seen them a few times.

Speaking of cows and Italian weā€™re going to one of the two family owned Carrabbaā€™s this weekend and Iā€™ve penciled in the 14 oz ribeye for 43 bucks and they also have a 30 oz Wagyu for 67.

https://carrabbasoriginal.com

5 Likes

Menu is up no pricing though

1 Like

Does anyone have a prediction on the price of the ribeye for two?

This place should do ok I believe. Bonefish was railed all the time. I wonder why it went out of business. If this place puts out half decent food I bet it will do well. If they build that town center this place should be mobbed.

As far as I can tell from the website itā€™s BYOB. Tough sell for a steakhouse.

I heard they have a liquor license.

1 Like

Maybe they are opening as a BYOB until they get a few things straightened out because they definitely have a liquor license.

1 Like

I will call it $90.+ range. This is the same ownership as Patriciaā€™s of Holmdel, I donā€™t think there are going to be any bargains found. They do have a liquor license.

I wonder if they will hit some resistance at those top end prices? I know thereā€™s plenty of $$ in Middletown and Holmdel, but this is located on Rt 35 in a strip mall, albeit a high end one. Nicholas is right down the block and while some felt heā€™s slipped lately that spot still is at the top around here (from what I ear Semolina is closing the gap fast) esp with the cache it holds at this price point. Were this located n Rumson or SB where the locals seem to have no issue with any top end prices I could see this not being an issue but this spot isnā€™t on the water nor a walk or three minute Uber for local Rumson/FH types who drop coin like that no issue at a ā€œlocalā€ spot. Just rambling here. I wonder if Char folks are nervous?

1 Like

Assuming the food quality and service are there I think they will be fine. I donā€™t see them competing directly with Char, so I donā€™t think either are worrying about each other. I just passed by Buono Sera in Red Bank who has a large banner hanging on their awning: ā€œAll Meats USDA Primeā€. If anything I would say Gabriellaā€™s is aiming a bit more towards that crowd than Char. As you mention there is plenty of money in the surrounding areaā€™s to support a high end place, also they are doing big numbers at Patriciaā€™s so they already have that to feed off of.

Listen, tonight Iā€™m taking a client out and Iā€™m going to Steak 85 in New Brunswick, thatā€™s an easy 40 mins out of the way vs. Char. Know why I"m going there? Because itā€™s New Brunswick and NOT Red Bank. Hey time will tell, Iā€™m just praying Garguiloā€™s opens and is good and I can have my own little quiet spot to enjoy some good food. I really hope they improve/expand on the bar area, the bar at Portofinoā€™s was not conducive for eating or even enjoying a cocktail.

3 Likes

B

6 Likes

We will return.

2 Likes

Sweet jebus. That looks great. (even if the potatoes look like they could use some more color.

how was the marrow?

The potatoes/chips could have used a beef fat crisping, but the Bistecca alla Fioretina for 2 ($110) was delightful. Claims to be 28 days dry-aged, but the minerally funk wasnā€™t quite there. However, it was tender, flavorful, and delicious. Only thing missing was a fresh spring of rosemary. Happy ending to the potato/chip situation, they make a good platform for the marrow, which was great. Garlic included. I will never go to Char again while this place is here. We ate at the bar and the staff was magnificent. (shout out Kirby and Virgil!)

2 Likes

In walking distance for me. This could be bad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Virgil from Lincroft Inn? When did they open? Looks like this has taken front and center on my radar.

Not sure if itā€™s the same Virgil, but weā€™re going back Thursday. If heā€™s there I will suss it out. They officially opened today, we glommed onto the ā€œsoftā€ opening.

1 Like