Friends from the old playground............

Yes. I signed up but got no email to complete the process. The site recognizes me (I see my handle at the top) but don’t seem to be able to post. I even did a re-request for the email.

It took Mouthfuls four days and a follow-up email to finally get around to giving me posting privileges. In contrast, eGullet registered me in 10 minutes, but there’s nothing going on over there, Manhattan-wise.

midlife - I’m checking into it with one of the moderators (Sneakeater, who you probably know from CH anyway).

As an aside, folks probably don’t realize what an overlap there is among the food board memberships, especially since some users have different names on various boards. I was once thinking of selling a de-coder booklet so people would know who they were talking to on each board (& I’d make some pocket change for my therapy after being on these boards), but then I realized that most probably are better off not knowing.

small_h: Its nice that some of us can be traced from site to site since we use the same name but, in my opinion, you missed an opportunity to be “medium_h”, “large_h” & “huge_h” on the various sites.

1 Like

The only reason it concerned me was that the signup section says the email will come immediately or max 10 minutes. Maybe that’s AFTER a human hand clicks on an approval. ;o)

Hmmmm. I could change to Adolescent and OldGuy I guess. ;o)))))))

2 Likes

I considered “the artist formerly known as small_h.”

2 Likes

Personally I think it’s silly to change your name from site to site as if you are going to “hide” your previous life. Where do people come up with these ideas?

4 Likes

Could’ve also gone with the 25 other letters & used small_a, small_b…

We’re a strange but persistent people.

I am told that you are now in. My check of the members list confirms that you’re a member. Congratulations/condolences.

Definitely keeping jfood since i spent a couple of c-notes to receive a trademark on it.

1 Like

The thing is, and this is the thing, my first initial is h. And I’m small. So my user name might seem kinda random, but it isn’t. Je suis small _h.

3 Likes