Freehold Update

Solo has been my go to place from it’s opening.
Try the potato pizza, the home made Gorgonzola potato chips.
George has even recommended me to a family hotel in Tuscany, just outside Positano.:+1:
I am here at least 2x a week.
BTW the half price pasta Tuesday is a deal.
BYO & Enjoy :wine_glass:

1 Like

You had me at these…

1 Like

Looks like Broad Street Dough finally put up a sign on the store front at their Freehold location. Not sure when they will be open dough. Their website still says Summer 2018, lol.

2 Likes

Not sure when it opened but Broad Street dough is now opened.
Tasty but a bit pricey imo, 6 for $9.99
I do enjoy them, especially when they are fresh off the fryer.

4 Likes

What does a single or half dozen go for @ dunkin? That price doesn’t seem too out of line to me, but I’m not up on my donut prices.

I was thinking the same thing, but I’m not a donut eater…

I do like to have a donut occasionally. My favorite Dunkin’ Donut is the Vanilla Kreme. Iirc, it costs $1.

1 Like

Just bought a dozen at the Broad Street Donut in Freehold $21.95 and worth it

Add images

here

6 Likes

Not freehold but close enough I guess…

http://www.latinbitesnj.com

Has anyone been?

2 Likes

No but I’m going to try the restaurant soon and tell family about the food truck rental.

1 Like

Keep us posted Dan. FWIW, my friend says the Cuban is very good there. On the other hand he said the fried corn “sticks” or rolls with cheese, were a total miss.

2 Likes

Tried to order delivery from Latin Bites and found something weird. The hours on the main part of their website are wrong. You have to look at the “order online” part to find their real hours.

I find this the case with many places. It seems like very few restaurants care about having an “up to date” website.

2 Likes

@seal, I thought I recalled you having posted elsewhere on this board that you’ve had food from their truck?

I tried calling the restaurant yesterday (Tues.), but nobody picked up. Instead, there was a recording to leave a message. (I didn’t.) Now, after seeing your post about the difference in their posted hours — home page vs. delivery — I get why there was no answer. The home page has them open every day except Monday, while delivery hours has closed on Mon., Tues., and Wed.

1 Like

Although I have had food from more than a few trucks, I don’t recall having theirs. Maybe it was Empanada Guy, who has similar food.

Funny that you and I did the same thing yesterday, but now we know that they will be open today! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Uh, I can’t tell if you’re joking (not sure about the emoticon’s meaning), but today is Wednesday…

By the way, I Googled to see if there were any reviews. A short one on Trip Advisor said the food was “fair at best.” On Facebook, lots of short reviews ran the gamut from excellent to horrible. I didn’t look at Yelp. So, I guess one of us HOs will have to take one for the team.

1 Like

Yeah, I always use the grin emoticon :grin: when I am being sarcastic ( ok, maybe that’s often for me.)

Ironically, I ended up making Criollo pulled pork and yellow rice yesterday so I likely won’t be ordering when they are open tomorrow.

The emoticon you used in your previous post is a smiling cat. Does its meaning differ from the smiling face?

1 Like

I just published a novel that features a cat so I’ve been using cats a lot. Sideways Boy is available in paperback and kindle on Amazon.

5 Likes

Just took a look. Best of luck.

1 Like