Forum software update today (friday, 26th) at 9:30pm PT.

Unread topics aren’t updating as read properly.

1 Like

For me, too. I am just going to the main page and scanning for blue dots.

1 Like

Works for me on iPhone running 17.3 using safari.
Clicking on the “bacon strip”. :wink:

2 Likes

Unusual - I posted a reply just now on WAYB (November) and then got a logged out message. My reply is showing fine.

1 Like

I still have topics show up as unread, even after I read them.

2 Likes

This “extreme load” comment has been pretty constant the past two days:

1 Like

Also, when I open a thread it seems to jump somewhere in the middle of it, not the latest reply :thinking:

3 Likes

We are migrating to a new server tonight. I think a lot of these issues will be addressed afterwards.

3 Likes

Thanks. Just reported because it wasn’t happening until the test / changes a couple of days back.

1 Like

Read topics are still showing up as unread, with a blue number next to them.

1 Like

Speed / load issue fixed, thank you.

Persistent issue within threads where it jumps back several posts in the middle of typing a reply — even if you are replying to the last post.

So on WFD for eg: I’m replying to post 940, and while I’m replying, the page has jumped up to post 847.

I just tried to replicate this, and there’s even more jumping around — for eg when I hit the reply icon next to a post, instead of opening a reply, it just jumped up to a previous post.

1 Like

Yes that should be addressed by yesterday’s update.

What’s the browser, OS, phone/ computer combination?

What’s the browser, OS, phone/ computer combination?

iPhone Firefox
Mac OS Firefox

do you see the same problem if you go to https://www.hungryonion.org/safe-mode ? make sure all the boxes are checked (i.e. disabled). thanks.

No, it was fine using the safe mode link.

Then I came back to the regular link, and the issue came back.

ETA: @hungryonion the auto-logging out that I and others complained about elsewhere is also not happening with the safe link, which is so much better!

So is it the “client-side plug-ins” that we are disabling for safe mode causing the logging out to happen too?

Chrome, ios. Don’t think I’ve had that issue on my phone, but I rarely visit the site from it.

@hungryonion Another odd change since the update:

If a user was set to mute or ignore, new comments from them never used to show up under the new post count alert (over the top right profile icon).

Since the update, the count shows those messages, even though the messages are not in the drop-down list.

An odd ghost count alert, if you will (and defeating the purpose).

Thank you

I’ve been having this issue as well.

Laptop, Chrome browser, latest version.

Yeah, it’s weird. And I’m still getting unread notifications for posts I’ve already seen.

Certainly not the end of the world :wink:

1 Like

Actually they’ve always shown up as a blue dot on your icon for me and in the drop down list. When you clicked the thread and scroll to new replies, it shows as Hidden Reply. You can click that link to read the post if you want, or ignore it and go on your merry way.

Perhaps it’s a setting for each profile that has to be tweaked. Dunno.