Fish thickness measuring tool

I used to have a wonderful simple tool that measured the thickness of a piece of fish so that you could cook it correctly with a base of 450 for 10 minutes per inch. I’d like to find another one, but only found one (described as “vintage”, like me, I guess) online that was already sold at an auction house. It looked like a small metal fish with a red plastic moveable measuring piece. Does anyone know where I could get one? It was genius! Thanks.

I had never heard of this or seen one . . so did a quick google search and found an image of this . . .it was a link to an Etsy page but the product doesn’t exist there . . . something like this? maybe this can help you track it down if it is . . .

download

2 Likes

That’s exactly it! I’ll keep looking.

found it on Etsy - only $10 . . . .

2 Likes

Hope you just bought it - because now it says sold out . . .and I can’t imagine it sold this quickly after I posted it, if it wasn’t you or someone else on here looking to do a quick flip for a profit . . . hope it was you

Thank you so much. Just bought it. Ironically the dealer is about 20 minutes away from me! Yesterday was my birthday so I’m considering this a belated present. :grinning:

7 Likes

… and everyone lived happily ever after! Love this.

1 Like

Don’t you love it? Thanks to HO and @Thimes, I found exactly what I wanted at a tolerable price, in around 30 minutes from beginning to end.
As my late father said at the end of every book he read to us - They all lived happily ever after and they all went to the seashore. I carried on that family tradition as a school librarian. (He said it was from Zorba the Greek, but I’ve never verified that.)

3 Likes

Happy belated!

2 Likes

Happy belated birthday! May you live happily ever after and go to the seashore. :grinning:

2 Likes