Finally Suspended!!

I’m jealous. I got a few menacing emails, but then we brought the newborn home from the hospital, so I was too busy to put the nail in the coffin at the critical moment. Now I find myself lurking now and again. I still have a few folks there I am fond of.

1 Like

Congrats . Another CH refugee . I think this site might be 99.9 % . More recruits needed . The wave has slowed down .

Hey, c’mon over. CH was like chewing gum too long.

Aloha,
Kaleo

1 Like

This was my experience. My comments were flagged by Drayer. The mods said I was launching “ad hominem” attacks, but they only deleted posts that also had negative comments about the site.

Common experiences with “Them” include selective enforcement. There is also no reasoning with “Them” as they are too immature to look at the totality of the situation. Very narrow minded, especially Marssy. Triple dose of Ex-Lax might help her outlook!

1 Like

What’s weird is the absolutely opposite interactions they have with different people. Marssy was always very cool with her emails to me (even if I thought they were unjustified) – she and Jacq were the only ones who ever spoke to me as an adult.

Others report (and I’ve no reason to doubt) really snippy, condescending emails.

I got incredibly bitchy-bordering-on-verbally-abusive emails from another mod, but others have said she was quite nice to them.

A propos to nothing, really – just more of the endless weirdness.

Never got banned. Just quietly exited

1 Like

Not even suspended? If not, you weren’t trying hard enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess I learned to play in the sandbox

1 Like

Sam would be so embarrassed for you. LOL

1 Like

Aha jfood I once posted on the Site Info board asking what had happened to you when you took a long hiatus. That thread was closed down by our revered mods and I got an email spanking me for asking, and telling me that people had a right to a private life (duh on the internet).

Anyway, glad to be on these boards. I have given up totally with CH since the new and improved edition because I’m too confused to navigate around them and nobody was posting there any longer.

Sorry, but I had to dig up this old post. I occasionally pop over to Chowhound out of morbid curiosity. So today on Site Talk there was a new post regarding how dead the LA board was and wondering if there was another site to which everybody had fled. I figured, WTH . . . and replied to inform them of HO and FTC (since they were looking for LA content). I knew it would be deleted, but I didn’t expect this:

Hi gaffk, you’ve been sent the following by the Chowhound team:

We wanted to reach out to you to inform you about the temporary suspension of your account. We’re asking to take some time away from the site. This is not a permanent suspension, but we’d like you to reach out to us on July 18th if you’re willing to change your behavior. Your contributions about food are greatly valued, and we’d very much like to see you stay an active member of the community.

The Chowhound Team

Kinda’ funny since I haven’t been an “active member” since I discovered HO and a quick check shows I haven’t posted there in 9 months. July 18th won’t be marked on my calendar.

5 Likes

That is hysterical!!!

3 Likes

Good grief! It’s like a Communist state.

3 Likes

First, congratulations!

Second, do you remember who started the thread? Maybe we can track them down?

I wish I did. Before posting there I checked their profiles and they didn’t have e-mail addresses listed. After the suspension notice, I went back to get their screen names, but the entire thread had been deleted. As Salsa noted, it’s like a communist state.

1 Like

Welcome to the club, gaffk. LOL

3 Likes

Ugh. That sucks. I saw that thread too and considered replying, But I didn’t, because I suspected what the result would be. So sorry it’s come to this.

2 Likes

So they gave you a “canned” response about your contribution about food are greatly valued. Anyway, it is crazy that they suspended your account for something like this. This is getting irrational to be honest. I wonder if someone at Chowhound has a personal grudge against these two alternative sites.

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter the response, it doesn’t matter the reason, there’s no rational behind it, there’s no grudge. ChowHound protects its bottom line, and will fight anything threatening it.
HungryOnion? Very PC, very idealistic (I still cannot believe you were the one calling me that, LOL!) while you still maintain a thread talking about that CH vs. HO nonsense. Passéist much? And the future could be so bright, I actually like this interface better, but no, thin skin and bitterness prevails. Oh well!

PS: Let’s see if this post will pass the moderator test. I feel “Passéist” and “thin skin” might stir some controversy. plz save yourselves and prove me wrong.