Fear Factor Foods! What can't you do?

Steven Raichlen did a show that featured what he said were plate ribs (PBSI think) These suckers were a foot long and each had a 2" think row of meat in between each rib. My local markets never have beef ribs longer than 6" and the meat is 1" thick IF that.

I like to simply roast them, then apply some DC style mumbo sauce at the end, generally two quick rounds of the sauce and then out of the oven. Simple to do and canā€™t beat the flavor ā€“ the sauce is a sweet/hot thing, that really perfectly offsets the inherent richness of the beef, but you have to be careful not to overdo it.

Shirako (http://buildingmybento.com/2014/12/08/an-unforgettable-breakfast-in-sapporo-japan/) was the last food I ate that made me feelā€¦regret. Prior to that, warm cucumber juice and a durian shakeā€¦but not at the same time.

Though, there are plenty of times I shouldā€™ve felt nauseous after being invited to check out the kitchen.

I just put up a thread on Beef Ribs. Please chime in because so few people go beyond pork :grinning:

I just put something up on the beef ribs. Hopefully some folks will share their experience.

Maybe edit your post to include a link to your thread? Iā€™ll only be lurking there until I can actually get my hands on beef ribs.

I put up a thread on Beef Ribs. Lot of experience smoking them but not oven roasting. Oven roasting may be more convenient for many folks. Please give insight. An old friend A/C Gold from CH used to do them in the oven. I think Fourunder did too.