Favorite Summer Salads

Your CCS sounds delicious.

1 Like
1 Like

Dumb question but - no oil in the chicken salad dressing?

Other than the fried noodles, not a drop.

I make a black bean and corn salad for summer get togethers. It has diced red pepper, red onion, carrot and avocado. It’s very colorful and popular - holds up well on a buffet. I season it with salt, pepper and cumin to taste then a generous amount of fresh lime juice - no oil whatsoever. I also add chopped cilantro but this is not necessary if your crew is adverse. Parsley works just as well…it’s especially good if you use fresh cooked corn cut from the cob.

5 Likes

I make this one for group functions.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/orzo-salad-recipe-1944175

Fairly easy to make it vegetarian, or even vegan.

3 Likes

In summer I mostly tried to eat fresh vegetables to fulfill all the nutrients of the body and to stay hydrated. The salad which I use to eat contains some beetroots, smashed cucumber, carrots and add chickpeas in it along with some yoghurt. I really like this salad, it is my self made recipe.

3 Likes

Next question - a CUP of sugar in the dressing?

I adore summer salads. I try to make as many dinner salads as possible in the summer to take advantage of our glorious produce. @ChristinaM can attest to this lol.

100481675_2072531289557554_830432416307871744_n
232817719_2489700491173963_156895219327841305_n
245250525_2548219848655360_608840822090357727_n

11 Likes

Yup. Plus a lot of vinegar and lemon. This is NOT a savory salad. It is sweet, acidic, and refreshing… things that oil based chicken salads are not.

Note that the dressing components are way more than you would use for 2-4 servings (where it recommends starting with 1/4 cup), and why I indicate it will last in the fridge for up to a month.

I love a good chinese chicken salad, but I just can’t imagine those quanties :frowning: That is cookies recipe amount of sugar.

2 Likes

Then skip it. But I love it, and everyone I have made it for was blown away (with comments like “restaurant quality”).

2 Likes

I believe you and I’m tempted to give it a go for a single size or two size servings and try it out. Cheers.

2 Likes

Those salads are stunning.

5 Likes

I did a little salad image collection on facebook last year, and when I saw this post, I thought - I have art to contribute! Aren’t they so colorful and appetizing? I love summer!

4 Likes

I wrote them down so I’ll have some ideas of what to make. I’ve been in a salad rut of late.

2 Likes

Let me know if I can do any ingredient ID for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it cheese or meat in the prosciutto and cantaloupe salad? Upper right area.

Looks like fresh mozz. I think there was some torn basil, some romaine and a balsamic vinagrette for that one in addition to the prosciutto and cantaloupe.

1 Like

Thanks. What sort of dressing is on the rice noodle salad?

1 Like