Favorite recipes with matcha

I’m in a definite matcha phase. I love my matcha lattes but looking for other ideas. Hits so far - matcha frozen yogurt and popsicles, matcha pancakes, matcha chocolate coconut butter cups. Can I just toss it in any base recipe? e.g. cheesecake?

matcha jellies, matcha pound cake

I like matcha ice-cream when it is not too sweet. The matcha waffle dessert I had in Hong Kong maybe can give you inspiration:

I find it strange when matcha is used in very sweet dessert, it is difficult to get the right balance.
I prefer to drink the green tea on its own.

I have no favorite recipes with matcha.

I really dislike the flavor of matcha, and its corollary red bean paste, especially in sweets and ice cream.

And to borrow from another post, this looks like aphid poop in a cone:

Finally you gotta wonder how much of the color and flavour in something like that is applied food chemistry.

From the ice cream thread:

Don’t forget matcha banana bread from GHG http://www.goodhealthgourmet.com/matcha-green-tea-banana-bread/

Matcha madelines are probably my favorite at the moment. I make my own matcha ice cream, too, and that’s my second favorite.

I didn’t like red bean at first, either. But then I had very good versions of it and now I love it. You can find higher quality beans and make red bean desserts yourself that are better than 99% of what you can buy. My theory is if you have an excellent version of something, that reconfigures your brain and you don’t dislike that ingredient any more. Happened to me with olives, olive oil, chocolate-hazelnut paste, and many other things. Now, I love Thai desserts like sticky rice with dried fish or shallots, I can’t get enough. It’s very liberating. Takes some effort to get there, though.

I love matcha in frozen yogurt but I can’t do the caffeine at night when I usually eat yogurt.

I had the most amazing matcha cream and it was served with mochi, red beans, cereal (!!) and fruit. It was so lovely. And it wasn’t sweet, so I might eat it as a meal next time.

It was at a place called Matcha Cafe Maiko, it’s a chain with branches in Hawaii and California.

For those looking for traditional ice cream, this isn’t it. Actually, it’s nothing like it, it’s bitter, with a strong matcha flavor. The only sweet was the fruit, which was of the canned variety.

Hard packed matcha ice cream if its really smoky but a long time ago I was served a matcha shortbread cookie at a restaurant, my first time tasting matcha, and it was very good.

That’s good! Usually matcha ice cream is too sweet, and the tea is denatured.