Favorite food podcasts or YouTube channels?

I was thinking about this the other day. My husband listens to a bunch of podcasts on his commute and has all these YouTube channels he follows for some of his hobbies. Do you have any favorites?

2 Likes

Gastropod is excellent.

Gastropod looks at food through the lens of science and history.

2 Likes

I’ve been known to sit through an hour or so of their videos.

2 Likes

Hmmm…I almost started an identical thread months ago soliciting the same suggestions.

Anyone? Other interesting podcasts worth listening to?

2 Likes

I currently follow these on YouTube. I watch many more, just not enough updated content to warrant following.

Mainly travel, food, cars, fishing, camping, outdoor cooking, miscellaneous BS. I’ve watched most of the relevant travel and food shows for the areas and countries that I’ve traveled and plan to visit.

Food Travel

The Food Ranger

Best Ever Food Review Show

Strictly Dumpling

FUNG BROS.

Fishing/Camping/Outdoor Cooking

Fishing San Francisco

Fisherman’s Life

Catch-N-Eat

Outdoor Chef Life

Ish With Fish

scorpiontube712

Philosophy D

Joe Robinet

Automobiles

VINwiki

Jay Leno’s Garage

ChrisFix

Tavarish

Miscellaneous

BRIGHT SIDE

The Style O.G.

5 Likes

Fishermans Life . More butter . !

2 Likes

YOU THE MAN!! Yep, where’s the avocado, bro??!!

1 Like

@emglow101

A newish Tuber is Outdoor Chef Life

Have you watched his stuff? He’s still fairly new and working out his style and content. I like where he is going.

I’ll check it out . My new you tube favorite is Italian Grandmother Cooks . Thanks

1 Like

Thanks, will check it out. Was in Rome for the first time this past November, learned a even greater appreciation for Italian food, especially Grandma style. Hope to get some good tips.

Sometimes I go real deep watching italian cook shows with no translation to English from Italy.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you!!

1 Like

YouTube. A Bite of China

Yes, this is Chinese flavored propaganda. Regardless, its FASCINATING. Available on YT in English and Mandarin.

I watched these segments, and I swear, my heart just swelled. Some really good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=taste+of+china+season+1+english

2 Likes

Oh yeah, for Japan enthusiasts (we are): Japaneology. Covers so many aspects and nuances of Japan and its culture. Just scratches the surface, but its a start.

3 Likes

I will add a few here: I do live in the US, but plan to retire abroad in SE Asia.

Life Where I am From - It really is about life in Japan but there is a LOT of food vids.

Luweeh’s Kitchen - Filipino & other Asian recipes

numutv - Filipino street food

Best Food Ever - Food Blogger - Traveler

Cooking with Sros - Home cook - Thailand

Deer Meat for Dinner - Wilderness, bushcraft eating

Judy Ann’s Kitchen - Famous Filipina Actress cooks

PanlasangPinoy - Filipino recipes

I also follow Mark Wiens (already many posts about him) and Strictly Dumpling, mentioned above

5 Likes

A whole new world! Thanks.

When I cut the cable cord (2013), I found YouTube. So much great content there. I have since gone back to cable because the reasons I cut are no longer valid. Still, I use Youtube a lot of the time.

2 Likes

Oooh, awesome Filipino cooking channel recommendations! Thank you!

One podcast I started tuning into covers cookbooks and their authors; Salt & Spine. I don’t buy cookbooks much but I have enjoyed listening to the approach to creating one.

2 Likes

Lately,
Foodie Pharmacology
Why Food?

1 Like