Favorite food podcasts or YouTube channels?

https://homecooking.show/

3 Likes

Play Me a Recipe by Food52.
If you use the website, this podcast interviews cookbook authors and discusses specific recipes contributed to the site.

1 Like

from Mongolia :mongolia:
Thanks for reviving this thread, Dan.

3 Likes

Outstanding. I envy the cameramen.

2 Likes

My favorite food podcast is Cooking Issues with Dave Arnold on the Heritage Radio network. I’m also a big fan of BBC’s Kitchen Cabinet.

1 Like

Hungry for Words podcast. Casual interview with cookbook authors plus one recipe from their book per 'cast. I like the laid back eat and talk style.

2 Likes

I mostly see the podcast of Doughboys.

1 Like

A sheepish plug for my own channel: https://youtube.com/@findingfoodfluency.

As for favorites, generally I just have a craving for something, or a specific food pops into the noggin, so then I look for videos about it. If possible, I will search in another language, for example, if I really want to know more about Awaji Island onions (Japanese), or Mennonite food in Chihuahua (Spanish).

2 Likes

WHOA this video!!!

Both of these are on YouTube:

“Glen and Friends Cooking” - genial Canadian with an interest in recipe history, and not handcuffed to recipes. He emphasizes technique and frugality over strict adherence to ingredient lists.

“Country Life Vlog” - videos mostly from home cooks at farms in Azerbaijan. Gorgeous scenery, frolicking pets and livestock. No English spoken. Very little speech at all. English translation of ingredients in some but not all videos. No measurments used. The videographer is the couple’s son, who returned to his village when his chef job at a Baku hotel was lost to Covid19.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree
 “Glen and Friends Cooking” is one of my favorite (youtube) channels.

I also like “Aaron and Claire”, “Enfes Yemek Tarifleri”, “Preppy Kitchen”, “Webspoon World”, “Food Wishes” and “Natashas Kitchen”

I’ll occasionally watch “America’s Test Kitchen”.

I like this guy (and sometimes mom)