Fast Food Fried Chicken Sandwich Challenge

It’s from the Wendy’s website, but that’s pretty much what it looks like.

Welcome to the world of food styling! Here’s an ancient but still informative clip about food styling that I used to show to my students in our media literacy class. It was one of their favorites.

11 Likes

SO great!

1 Like

That’s what I was imagining. I can’t remember ever buying a burger from McDonald’s, but I buy the fish sandwich when I’m having a bad day, and it looks pretty different from the picture in the drive-thru.

2 Likes

Is the Wendy’s chicken sandwich square just like the burgers?

1 Like

To be fair, let anyone who can put out three burgers per minute and make them pretty step forward.

3 Likes

No.

3 Likes

Nope. … see picture top of post 2 nd to left

1 Like

Well thanks in no small part to this thread I attempted to get a chik fil’a today. Unfortunately the line was not worth my wait so I tried the Wendy’s chicken sandwich. Overall I would agree it’s certainly not on par with Chik or Popeyes.

4 Likes

It really stinks that the chic nearest to us is in the mall l. I would love to drive by there one of these days. The last time I went to Popeyes by us it seemed to be
Under new management and was a cluster F. Basically no place to get easy food fast food chicken nearby makes me sad.
Does anyone dare to opine on how the shake shack version stacks up?

1 Like

I read in a food magazine once, probably Lucky Peach, that “the chef doesn’t care about your health, they care that the food tastes great”. it seems to be universally true.

4 Likes

My God! If only they looked that good in person.

1 Like

I used to eat a lot of Wendy’s.

3 Likes

There were at least 50 cars in line at the new Popeyes on Route 36 in Hazlet last night around 7:30…right on the side of the road.

3 Likes

Just saw an ad for a Sonic chicken sandwich. Perhaps I’ll do a West Coast version of this .
If things ever loosen up.
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Man, I haven’t had one in twenty years, but I used to enjoy a good filet o fish in a lent Friday back in the day. I’m sure it’s prob worse for you then a burger or nuggets too

4 Likes

I don’t think so. I can’t imagine eating McD’s burgers or nuggets. I don’t know that I ever have, or why the fish sandwich is acceptable. I wonder if I was a little too old when McD became a thing. I remember eating White Castle and Wetson burgers.

3 Likes

What an epic taste test!! I’d like to see how McDonald’s sandwich fares, I tried it a couple months ago and it was surprisingly good, I specifically remember thinking it might be better than Chick FilA.

4 Likes

I used to get them a lot. I had one about a year ago and it was pure salt. So disappointing.

1 Like

Had the Popeyes one tonight. Absolute shit, worst fast food I’ve had in a long while. The location in Eatontown seems to be under new owners or managers and is a complete disaster now. Second time I’ve gone and had a terrible experience.
Mask usage by staff is horrendous as well

1 Like