Extreme load?

Usually happens when I’m reading a long thread (eg WFD), then a message comes. “You were logged out”, and the site refreshes and restarts with the home page.

does it say ’

Due to extreme load, this is temporarily being shown to everyone as a logged out user would see it.'

or does it just say you were logged out?

the former has to do with server load, the latter seems to be something different.

The “extreme load” thing is a banner across the top of the page (I see this, too, sometimes). It’s different from the popup in that only the popup forces me to refresh the page.

Thanks, would you mind taking a screenshot if possible next time you see the popup? And start a new thread for that? I’d want to track and solve these problems separately if they are different problems. thanks.

Never physically logged out, just the warning.

Will do.

1 Like

That extreme load message, is it showing up more frequently, less frequently, or roughly the same in the last week compared to last month?

This last week is getting much more often than 2 or 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

Ive gotten this a few times in the past week. I clicked on an entry in the Unread list. Hitting Try Again let it go through.

And just now, it happened again, but it just flashed and the targeted page came up immediately.

That seems a different problem. There’s the extreme load problem. and there’s this problem of can’t load the topic. Did you get the extreme load message on the screen?

Not recently, only what I posted.

Regarding the appearance of Extreme load message- I posted an inquiry on the developer forum to see if there are additional site settings we need to optimize. We’ll see if any suggestions comes back. In addition, I just freed up 20% server storage space so that can’t hurt.

1 Like

I just now got the “you were logged out”, extreme load message for the first time in maybe a month.

I think every once in a while it shows up. The message, even though its alarming, is somewhat harmless if the ‘extreme load’ goes away quickly. I saw that myself a couple of days ago also. I refresh the site and it went away already.

I wasn’t alarmed. I was just reporting that the message appeared in case you would find it useful.

1 Like

Due to extreme load, this is temporarily being shown to everyone as a logged out user would see it.

Happened right now and 4 times in a row while I’m trying to post WFD, bounced back and fro from the homepage and the WFD page.

I’ve had it happen 3x today while just clicking on a notification of a post on the current WFD thread. I only have to click the Refresh button once and the thread works. BTW, this is from a desktop computer at work.

All of mine are on a real computer also. Win7Pro and Firefox up to date.

1 Like

@sck - Three times in a row logged out trying to load @naf’s post. PITA. How can we help? “Due to high load” is not reassuring.

1 Like