Europa Grill in Shrewsbury nj

Nice! How did that compare to those 40oz ones we got? Were they as tender? I thought those were really nice and tender, and well worth the 42 bucks

Its the exact same cut I think, they just take this off the bone (so not 40oz anymore) but Iā€™m 90% sure itā€™s the same exact cut of meat. Itā€™s always friggin delicious with the garlic butter (I requested additional this time) and you get the shrimp too!!

If it werenā€™t for the fact both @seal and @BossaNova were getting it I would have, I just donā€™t like being too much of a copy-cat. Ours were friggin delicious too with the garlic on top. Love this place. lol

Yeah manā€¦Iā€™m ready for round 2 sometime soon. That place is top notch and a lot closer than newark for me.

I went back friday night with my brother and niece and did the rodizio which was very, very good. Now Michelle wants go back since Iā€™ve been twice without her.

1 Like

AHEM.
cc: @MishyPoo

2 Likes

Wait, back to Fernandes correct?

Yes, back to Fernandes. That made two Friday nights in a row.

1 Like

I like the cut of your jib! Iā€™m truly glad you enjoyed it!

So as some of my previous posts indicated, I had a couple bad experiences here so I had backed off. This Saturday night we were looking for somewhere to go and most of our favorites book up on the weekends this time of year so we called over here and they were able to accommodate us.

4 people at 8pm we were seated right away. The orders were:

Apps:
Garlic shrimp and fried calamari

Entreeā€™s:
Salmon, Lamb chops, paella valencia (mine) and linguine in red clam sauce.

The garlic shrimp had their usual spicy kick and were good, the calamari was fresh and lightly fried, very good as well.

Everyone enjoyed their entreeā€™s while my paella certainly wasnā€™t bad itā€™s not in the same league as some of my favorites like Fernandes. Againā€¦not bad, but not excellent either.

All and all a decent experience and hopefully they have finally gotten their act together.

2 Likes

I wish this place was awesome. It would save me some travel time. I went once and wasnā€™t too thrilled. It was a decent meal but Iā€™ll buzz up north over this place.

If you havenā€™t tried it, the paella at Costa Verde is pretty good. Get it in the bar area and it is cheaper, along with everything else. Dollar for dollar, some of the better paella around. I like their mariscada too.

Yeah before Fernandes Costa Verde was the best place south of Newark. Iā€™ve had many a meal there, now Iā€™m hooked on Fernandes and havenā€™t been back to CV since Fernandes opened. I put their paella on par with each other but Fernandes beats them with their steak and rodizzio.

The see-saw of what is known as Europa continues to go up and down. I got delivery from here last night (see my Grub Hub thread) and it was excellent!! My wife got the grilled salmon, even I liked the bite I had! I had a trio of appetizers starting with wings (not too bad especially for delivery sitting in a sealed container for awhile they were still crispy and not soggy) - garlic shrimp (probably my favorite thing here) and broccoli rabe and grilled chicken (and again very good). A very nice meal and a great thing to have at your disposal for delivery !!!

1 Like

Nice! We order from grub hub at work but Iā€™ve never had delivery to my house. I will have to investigate. Having some paella at the push of a button sounds like a nice option! I wonder if they can deliver the steak on a stone :smile:

1 Like