Electric Kettle Recommendation

He usually had “a few” at the end of the day but an electric kettle was a very new thing for him.

I’ve melted a regular teakettle onto the coils of an electric stove by boiling it dry (zone reason I got an electric kettle) but I’ve never, ever put the kettle part of my electric kettle onto the stove. Even when I’ve partaken of adult beverages. I’m lucky!!

We are enjoying Russell Hobbs water boilers from the ??? '70s, one in town, one in the country. We have a spare we picked up at at garage sale. No temp control, but fast boiling water for morning coffee and tea. We keep looking at RH website in anticipation of needing to replace any of these, but the current models are stupid ugly compared to our simple and efficient models. Progress.

1 Like

I have been using the Fellow Stagg EKG for the last couple of days. Overall, very good. However, I also noticed a common negative observation by others. At high temperature boiling, I can smell some kind of plastic heating or electronic burning smell. I tried to locate the smell. The good thing is that I don’t think it is in the water. I thought it was on the knob, but it isn’t neither. I think it is at the bottom of the pot, but I will keep trying to confirm.

There are a number of vintage design Russell Hobbs kettles on eBay, including unused ones.

2 Likes