El Cedro, a "Lebanese taqueria" [Cobble Hill]

At El Cedro, a “Lebanese taqueria” now soft-open in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn: makanek batata, sausage sautéed in lemon-pomegranate sauce with potatoes; an Armenian torta, a fat sujuk patty atop basturma, string cheese, avocado, tomato, and pickled cucumber; a shawarma pollo asado taco, sporting chicken thighs, chipotle toum, and pickled sumac onion; a samke pescado taco, featuring fried cod, harissa mayo, and zaatar salsa verde; and (comped) arroz con leche.

I could’ve made a lunch just of that makanek batata; I’m a sucker for sausage and potatoes. I suppose our table (@Ike, @SteveR, my friend Pete, and me) should have asked for at least one style of taco (two per order) to be served on “bread arabais” rather than housemade corn tortillas. Making a note for an imminent return visit …

H/T @CartadiMusic

4 Likes

Interesting, good quality ingredients & well made, all with good company. A little high on the price point, but it fits right in to the new reality, especially in this, my, neighborhood. The owner is in the kitchen right now but I notice that he’s looking to hire a head “line cook” so I’m guessing he doesn’t want to be doing the overall cooking for long. Worth a visit. Probably worth return visit(s) as I’m 3 blocks away.

1 Like

If my memory serves me correctly- since the taqueria trompo came from the Lebanese, does the Lebanese taqueria have one in sight?

looks tasty! any vegetable offerings - and what was the price point?

You can find the current menu posted on Google Maps.

1 Like

You know, I didn’t look. It’s likely that @SteveR will be able to tell you before I get back there.

1 Like
1 Like

This was excellent. Everything was tasty, but I was especially fond of the Armenian torta and the shawarma pollo asado taco.

1 Like