Egg price gouging

I cannot tell you the number of times I’ve wanted to hit the laugh emoji here, only to remember there’s only knifing & forking :rofl: :sob:

2 Likes

Daughter reports Aldi near here college has large eggs at $2.40/doz.

1 Like
3 Likes

Where’d you hide my fainting couch?

3 Likes

What kind of lousy CEO doesn’t go for 1,000% surge increase?

3 Likes
2 Likes

let me edit that copy for you CNBC: ‘Egg prices surged more than almost any other consumer good or service in 2022. Now, prices seem to be easing as the industry recovers from the blowback and lawsuits stemming from their price-gouging.’

5 Likes

fixed

1 Like

Actually, I just saw a regular dozen (large sized) eggs for 2.99 at my local grocery store.

woo hoo! Shortages really do breed oversupply.

My local grocery store has eggs (dozen) on sale this week (digital coupon) for $1.97 - limit 2.

I picked up two dozen. I don’t know what I’ll do with them yet, but they are in the fridge… waiting.

My grocery surprised me today with a price-drop for my usual brand down to 2.69/dozen of large eggs. The next closest priced brand (the one I changed to during the ramp-up) was 3.49/dozen.

1 Like

More devilled eggs variations, for dish of the quarter?

3 Likes

In NJ this week, ShopRite has their brand of 18 large white eggs for $1.49.

1 Like

Yep, TJ’s Jumbo down to $1.99.

1 Like

I read a very long time ago a first person story from a guy who decided to smuggle some parrot eggs across the border. He went into great detail about the cost and tribulations and stress about smuggling fertile parrot eggs through an international border, but he was successful to a point, the eggs all hatched. Unfortunately, they were actually buzzard eggs.

5 Likes

Shoprite in Westcheter NY $1.79 for 18 large. Best price I’ve seen in ages!

1 Like