East coast vs west coast

I didn’t realize how cool it was at the time; I remember wearing about 50 pounds of equipment.
I did keep the certificate.

I just noticed it says “Prepare the man”!

3 Likes

Yeah, that kind of stood out!

Don’t miss the multiple skylines and a trip over the Houston ship channel is mandatory with miles of chemical plants and refineries plus ships from all over the world.

Count me out of the copter ride. I used to call on the Texas National Guard AH 64 Apache helicopter attack squadron and the test pilot said when he was flying all he did was looking for a place to crash land.

1 Like

Back before they introduced Draconian red snapper limits in the Gulf, two, I’d go out on party boats a couple of times a year.

There was always at least a half dozen or so of the 50-60 on board with their heads buried on a table for the ten hour duration.

It worked out well for me, being the fantastic angler I could go well over my limit and give the rest to the sickies, keeping the big ones of course.

I’ve got something else right up your alley, lump crab nachos, we get the excellent beans on the side, crab enchiladas in a marisco cream sauce, and crab quesadillas all at El Tiempo Houston.

https://www.eltiempocantina.com/

1 Like

Crab :crab: and Mexican food are a match made in Heaven. A fair amount of places here have crab enchiladas w/ verde.
Exquisite.

1 Like

Ive been on both sides of the fence…good days and sick days. I guess I have to take the good with the bad. My uncle is completely the opposite. He gets “stillness illness” and gets sick once back on land. He can spend days at sea tuna fishing in tough stuff and be fine. Once he hits hard ground he can get sick. We are opposites. He will get sick once on land and I get sick at sea. So it can be a puke fest for several days between the two of us when we head out lol

2 Likes

Booya! Got wasabi? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I haven’t tried crab and Mexican food but I’m sure it is awesome. Crab goes good with everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fished out of Freeport Tx once in a 29 footer six pack charter. They bragged about how close it was to deep water instead of Galveston but they forgot to mention the 45 minute no wake zone through the sprawling Dow Chemical complex.

Anyway I ate my sandwich and when we cleared the jetties and hit 8 foot seas that sucker came out at once. To my credit that was the end of my sickness and I was able to soldier on.

I was surprised we went out in those conditions but they had numerous cancellations prior to that day due to heavier seas.

1 Like

Here ya’ Go. I think we’re gonna need some extra soy sauce…

This guy was looking for you. Something about 3 million something or another. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I thought some of you NYC area folks might enjoy this…

The New York Times: A Jewish Bakery Adopts the Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese.

5 Likes

Thanks. I’m inspired.

I’m not in Brooklyn often, I don’t know much about Jewish cuisine, and I don’t know how this combination will work, but it seems tasty! Sometimes "fusion " food works out well. I actually live about 200 yards from mount mitchell. It’s the highest spot on the eastern seaboard. I can see Brooklyn across the Raritan Bay…clear as day. To drive there is a pain in the nuts. I can see it but to drive there is an entirely different story. It’s about an hour or so to get to, more than that depending on what spot in bk you go to. It looks like you can touch from my hood, but not so much.

this ex new yorka would never eat that!

1 Like

I’m more interested in the bialy than the pork roll (this was a new thing to me) but looks like it’s a good ways for me to go to get there too.
Good bialys are hard to come by!

You said it!!! Even harder than good bagels.

3 Likes

You need a dinghy!

Gotta get the onions right or it’s almost bupkis.

2 Likes

What’s involved in the onions being right?