Earthquake, drought, wars....WCK is there

https://mailchi.mp/wck/turkiye-syria-earthquakes?e=31f28da57b

It’s astounding. This organization has a bottomless well of dedication and benevolence.

14 Likes

I agree. For anyone who hasn’t seen the documentary, ”We Feed People”, I think you will find it very worthwhile to watch.

5 Likes

They have a very high rating when it comes to charity organizations so you know your $$ goes towards feeding people, rather than paying for a fancy office in some city. Stellar organization!! And I saw personal videos made by a volunteer at one of the kitchens at the Ukraine-Poland border after the war started in that region last year. it is SO well organized!!!

6 Likes

If you haven’t already seen the “We Feed People” documentary, it’s well worth finding online.

3 Likes

We donate regularly to WCK and Doctors Without Borders.

7 Likes

I am so moved by Chef Andres as well. In an interview Chef Andres stated he models his work on that of the late Dr. Paul Farmer, who founded Partners in Health. Inspiring human beings both.

5 Likes

Two more: Tracy Kidder, whose book, Mountains Beyond Mountains, covers Paul Farmer’s work, has now written Rough Sleepers, about Dr. Jim O’Connell, founder and for decades the leader of, Boston Health Care for the Homeless. Dr. Jim, now in his 70’s, still spends days and nights in the program’s van, caring for those without shelter…

6 Likes

There was an excellent story on this book written for the NYTimes a few weeks back. Amazing story, and Dr. Jim is a true healer. Thanks for the reminder to look for his book!

2 Likes

This first should should include a gift link about a strike that killed World Central Kitchen Workers.

What We Know About the Israeli Strike That Killed 7 Aid Workers in Gaza

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’m sorry this is likely paywalled.

3 Likes

Jose Andres is a saint that walks among us, and it’s criminal that his WCK was caught in the crossfire.

6 Likes

And WCK and other relief organizations have ceased operations in the region because of how dangerous is has become. It only becomes worse for those left behind.

4 Likes

I’m quite sure that’s exactly consistent with their (and by “they”, I mean you-know-who) goals.

4 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking. And what has been angering me more and more and making me less and less supportive.

2 Likes

Jose Andres’ NYTimes op-ed piece

5 Likes

This man is a human great. All the spineless politicians who tout their faith in Christ and this one man walks the walk.

6 Likes

The more news comes out about it, the less it looks like they were caught in the crossfire, and more like they were in the crosshairs.

5 Likes

One could be an accident (despite WCK being in constant contact with the Israeli forces).
But Two or Three? That’s not coincidental.

2 Likes

Plus, there was a two-mile space between the first and third vehicle. All of them had the bold, colorful WCK insignia on their roofs.

Not only did the two since-discharged Israeli military officers being blamed for the attacks not only murdered seven relief workers but doomed an unknown number of Palestinians for whom the food aid was intended, AND Gazans who are now imperiled by the withdrawal of WCK and other NGO’s that were providing food, shelter, and/or medical help. The intention of the the Israeli governnent is genocide.

4 Likes