What's on your mind? (2024)

Way to go, @Desert-Dan! Community and neighbors help us make our way in the world.

2 Likes

Thank you… Yes, that is very true.

1 Like

This 100% American mind can’t comprehend it either.

3 Likes

@bbqboy ; Is it real? Google lens is only finding it on Facebook and “X”.

ETA I think I found it in Florida.

1 Like

In all of the cooking and all of the rushing around, I completely forgot to get an Easter Bunny for Sunshine. Ever since our first Easter together, I’ve always gotten her a chocolate bunny (even during the pandemic, I ordered one [on-line])
So this morning, I got up early (while she was still sleeping) went out in the rain in search of a Chocolate Easter Bunny. The first store was out, they did have a chocolate egg, but no bunnies. The second store I went to had two, so I grabbed them both. One for Sunshine and one for Neighbor #2, I figure she should have a bunny, too.
Any who… crisis averted, and my streak will stay in tact!!

12 Likes

What a waste.

“Seven World Central Kitchen Team Members Killed in Gaza”

5 Likes

:broken_heart: My heart breaks daily

2 Likes

Nothing I can say here would be sufficient. But this is so, so sad.

3 Likes

Some shortcut. :grimacing:

2 Likes

A candidate for the ever increasing Darwin Award nominee list. Stay safe, stay on the trail.

4 Likes

Happy Carbonara Day!

3 Likes

Well, now I wish I’d known this far sooner!

3 Likes

Now I want carbonara.

3 Likes
1 Like

Better get my collander oot :wink:

2 Likes

Anyone play a game called 2048? You push together tiles in a 4x4 square to double - two 2s makes a 4, two 4s an 8, two 8s a 16, etc. up to trying to get two 1024s mashed together to make a 2048.

It’s addictive but I just can’t get farther than a single 1024. Wondering if anyone’s mastered it and has tips/tricks.

1 Like

I know where that is! Morgantown WVa! I stayed in the Marriott there right after it opened. Had to meet someone in the parking lot by the Petco the next day to take delivery of a cat. It was my first outing since major surgery earlier in the year; I got food from the cafe downstairs and took it up to my room. Saw all those other restos - it’s not surprising because the college stadium is right in the University Town Center complex.

It was a big deal milestone for me!
Didn’t take a photo of breakfast - it was made to order and absolutely fine - they don’t have a breakfast bar, which to me was a plus.

4 Likes

How far away was the nearest Waffle House?
:wink:

1 Like

Ha ha! It was a give or take 4 hour drive from Baltimore straight through all of Western Maryland - I saw a lot of beautiful scenery (it’s better going than coming back) but nary a Waffle House. I’ve still never seen one. :cry:

2 Likes

I like this place in Morgantown WV! :slightly_smiling_face:http://ironhorsetvrn.com/

We avoid chains, if we can, when we can :smile:

Iron Horse Tavern on IG

1 Like