Eagle Grill and Oyster Bar, Greenacres FL (6 miles west of Lake Worth)

NJ “HO” here, but I have to document one of the best meals I’ve had in a VERY long time…was visiting my folks and we finally went to “The Eagle,” which I’ve heard them talk about for years. They lived in MD for decades, so when my dad asked my cousins (raised in Baltimore) if they wanted to eat “the best crabcakes outside of Maryland,” the answer was a resounding yes. Little did we know that everything we had would be so damn good.

Some background: this is a former Irish bar, so if you’re going for fancy decor, this isn’t the place–and it’s in a small strip mall in Greenacres, which ~6 miles west of Lake Worth, but also not far from Boynton or Delray, and about 25 miles from Boca. The woman from MD who was sitting next to my cousin at the bar drove up from Fort Lauderdale–because it’s WELL worth a drive. The owner (Peter) also owns a BBQ spot on the other end of the strip mall, but that’s strictly for cooking/smoking and catering. There are BBQ items on the Eagle menu, which is great for someone (ME) with a shellfish allergy.

We started out sharing a beef rib THAT. WAS. TO. DIE. FOR. Shredded off the bone with a fork because it was so tender! Phenomenal smoke flavor and gone in an instant (4 of us).

The guys couldn’t stop raving about the crab cakes. 'nuf said? One cousin also had the French Onion soup, which he said was excellent, the baby back ribs were fantastic, and even the side of broccoli w garlic was perfectly executed!

Had to post about this one, which doesn’t happen too often–especially in FL. This place is a neighborhood GEM and if I could convince him to franchise, I’d plop one down near where I live in a heartbeat. If you’re anywhere in Palm Beach County or you’re willing to take a drive from further away, GO!!! http://www.eagle-grill.com

4 Likes

Not really sure why, but a terrific post about the Eagle was put on our NJ board, so I want to make sure it’s linked here:

1 Like