DW French [Boston, MA]

We met up with friends last night at DW French, Boylston Street. We were a little early, sat at the bar for a glass of wine and a mocktail. The space is very nice, not loud at all, which was a big plus for us.
Our friends arrived on time and we seated. I think we spent a good 20 minutes catching up before looking at the menu, but no rush from the staff. They came buy every so often, which was good but not obnoxious. We finally got our act together, ordered more wine and drinks and decided on the
croquettes, steak tar tare and charcuterie. The bread service came first, thin sliced baguette with salted butter and then our apps came, each with their own bread. Bread heaven! The tartare was very nice, not sure there was raw egg but the seasoning was perfect, could of eaten all of it. Not crazy about most of the offerings on board but everyone else was and it disappeared. The croquettes were lovely, light potato- Gruyere filling with Comte , aioli and chives. Dinners were roasted chicken, trout almondine, moules & frites and the duck confit salad. All was very well plated and prepared. I didn’t try anything beyond my dish but the reviews were very positive.
We split a creme brulee and a pot a creme for dessert. Also very good.
Overall we were very impressed. The space is very welcoming, the service was excellent, we were not rushed out of our table although it wasn’t a busy Saturday night, I think we spent about 3+ hours there. Would definitely recommend a visit.
4 glasses of wine, 1 mocktail, 1 liter bottle of Pelegrino, 3 app, 4 plates and 2 desserts was a little under $300.00 before tip. What we expected and felt appropriate.
I think DH took a few photos and will add those if I can.

12 Likes

Pics from our side of the table…DH said the bruleed figs were the best part.

10 Likes

DW French sounds lovely. Noting for future reference.

2 Likes