Dublin (& a couple of other places) Recommendations?

It seems that we’re going to need lunch/dinner recommendations in Dublin during October. We’re going to be traveling around Ireland/N.Ireland for 2 weeks but will be in Dublin for 2 nights in the beginning of the trip, then at least 2 more nights at the end. Not interested in whether a place has a Michelin star or other food rating credential, unless someone here has eaten there and can vouch for it being worth it. We mostly like smaller, friendly places where the food is the main draw due to its good ingredients, solid cooking technique & non fussy presentation. If you look at my posts & likes on the Paris board (we go there often and will be there again in May/June), you’ll get the idea. Additionally, it seems we may need recommendations for a dinner in Limerick, one in Cork and maybe 2 in Belfast.
Thanks in advance. And, of course, reciprocal recommendations are the cornerstone of food boards and I’m full of them for NYC (especially Brooklyn). Anyone?

3 Likes

I went here eons ago, but it involves a short, cute train-ride to the coast. Fresh seafood, modern dining room, not overly fussy. Nice view of the ocean, too (if you care about that).

1 Like

It’s been 23 years since I’ve been to Ireland, and can’t give any restaurant recommendations. But for sightseeing, I would suggest Connemara on the west coast, the Rock of Cashel in Co. Tipperary, and the Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland. The Causeway has the added bonus of being just a few miles from the Bushmills Distillery. :wink: And the people are so nice and friendly as well.

We are just starting to plan for a late June/early July trip. Mainly Dublin, so thanks for posting for suggestions. Will certainly share after our trip.

2 Likes

Off top of head, unfussy venerable standards:

1 Like

I haven’t been in 11 years, so my recs are out of date. Definitely try thrice-fried chips if you see them. Irish potatoes are delicious.

Excellent lamb,. too.

Some trip research and found this on the NYT’ A couple of interesting spots.

2 Likes

Thanks. Somehow I missed that… much appreciated. By the way, “Somebody Feed Phil” (on Netflix) has a Dublin episode in Season 2 (episode 2) that’s pretty good.

1 Like

The Boxty House is featured on that Phil episode. Looks good. Thanks.