Dried Jerk Seasoning-how to use?

I bought some Grace brand Jamaican Dried Jerk Seasoning as an impulse buy at the grocery store today. I have a recipe for black bean soup that uses it, but other than that I’m not sure how I can put it to use. Any ideas?

Just mix in some neutral oil to make a paste to make a rub that can be applied to fish,chicken,pork,goat and either bake or grill over charcoal.
I use Grace’s in a pinch but still like to add some cumin,sugar and dried thyme.

1 Like

Fry a few teaspoons of the Jerk Seasonong in some oil for a couple of minutes. Stir in some chicken (I use sliced boneless skinless thigh, but pretty much any chicken bits would be fine) and stir/cook for another five of minutes or so. Add a can of coconut milk and a peeled cubed (about one inch dice) sweet potato and simmer until the potato is cooked, about 15 minutes. Finish with fresh lime juice, chopped cilantro, and salt to taste. Serve with rice and a green salad.

Sorry to be vague on quantities etc, but please try it. It’s really simple and tasty.

2 Likes

Thanks, this is absolutely perfect! And no worries about the vague quantities, I’m more of a cook than a baker so vague quantities are my thing.