Do you still post on Chowhound?

Please don’t make me go to Chowhound to find out. How do you get the grease off of those silicone mats?

1 Like

Ha! :rofl:

We could start a HO thread on the subject!

3 Likes

I either use the dishwasher, or plenty of dishwashing liquid and a sponge in the sink

2 Likes

I don’t look or post to Chowhound anymore since their last big interface change. Took me a few months to give up entirely. I have no ill will, but it just felt to me like they were “fixing” something that wasn’t broken, and made it worse.

5 Likes

I came here today, just gave up on CH (I was coney with everything there). The posts there are infrequent and ancient. No one’s posted on Great Lakes in months. Even the TJ’s threads are not very active

And yes, I realize this is an ancient thread :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s kind of an ongoing thread!

2 Likes

Welcome to HO! Have a look around and hopefully you will like what you find here.

1 Like

Hello! I remember your CH name!

I don’t look back.

1 Like

@redjim is here representing Detroit.
Can’t forget the Motor City!

4 Likes

Me too.

Welcome.

Hello to The Poster Formerly Known As Coney! Welcome to HO. Lots of similar threads here. I hope you can settle in and enjoy the boards. Not as big as CH, so some boards are still quiet, but it’s a good group of people!

3 Likes

@first_there_is_a_mountain

Donovan is going to be rattling around in my head for a few days now! :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to HO.

1 Like

me three

Caterpiller sheds it’s skiin to find a butterfly within - and just in case it’s not rattling enough…

3 Likes

Welcome! We are smaller, but the discussions are better! Quality, not quantity! I’m glad you found us here!

5 Likes

This time of year always reminds me of some epic threads there.

5 Likes

I miss those Not About Food & Etiquette threads myself.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Me too. They were often so funny. In fact, I still pop in and see if there are any new ones where I can take the piss out of some of the contributors. Unfortunately, they are few and far between these days.

5 Likes

The Banana thread for April Fools!

4 Likes

Don’t remember that one. But I do confess to falling for HO’s April Fool in our first year.

2 Likes

Yes, last of the Mohicans, I can’t help myself, there is nothing like it on the internet. Only reason I started looking at Chowhound again is it’s an “ok” site at work while Reddit and Facebook get the side eye. All the action is on Reddit these days.

I hate to see Chowhound go, it’s strangely amusing, interesting, rage-inducing and bombastic all at the same time. It’s like a reality-show for forum-reading foodies, you just go to see whose getting a divorce, who died, who moved, etc… watching the Las Vegas forum flail around has been interesting. I still don’t know where “Arden” is and I’ve lived here for ten years.

I don’t hate Chowhound, I know a lot of people do, I find them more the annoying, charismatic, unbearable great aunt who happens to love food and loves to tell everyone else they’re wrong.

5 Likes