Do you still post on Chowhound?

OMG, the Vegas board. :tired_face:

At this point, why bother? Just kill that thing with fire.

I had the same issue on a recent-ish Android phone - posting from mobile was well neigh impossible! So insanely slow! How that level of drag is acceptable to anyone technical gives me grave misgivings about the site.

1 Like

No, haven’t posted on CH in a long time. Don’t even look there anymore.

Nope. I’ll read it once a week at most, but activity is so slow, there’s no reason to go more than once a week.

I’ve noticed it’s not as friendly as it used to be, another reason to avoid.

The increase in unbridled swearing on OH makes me wonder if we aren’t headed down the same path as CH.

What’s OH?

I disliked FTC (which launched about the same time as HO) because obscenities were tossed about for no reason other than to toss them about. Maybe I visit the wrong threads, but I haven’t noticed “unbridled swearing” on HO. Sure, the occasional cussword, but “unbridled”? Is there a thread or two you can point to? I’m seriously not trying to be confrontational, just curious if I missed a trend that may need to be addressed.

2 Likes

A backward HO?

1 Like

I agree, gk. I haven’t either.

I think HO has the most intelligent conversations and the most educated (if not skilled) posters and I’m liking the direction it’s taking.

4 Likes

I agree. I can conjugate swear words in several languages, but I don’t have much patience for those who can’t come up with words to use.

And I don’t notice any random potty mouth here. If someone swears it’s used properly and judiciously

3 Likes

I see very little objectionable language on FTC. Earlier there was one poster who felt he needed to insert one specific expletive several times in each post me made. He’s been gone for quite a while now. Occasionally, these days, someone will insert a four-letter-word or so, but it’s not often IMHO.

2 Likes

Yep - trying to do too many things at once. OH = typo of HO = HungryOnion.

Regardless in my opinion swearing adds nothing to a discussion.

1 Like

Boy, can I relate!!

That may be true–I don’t think I’ve visited that site since it’s early days. It seemed too CA-oriented.

2 Likes

I thought there was a new website to browse. Never mind, carry on. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow, saw @Scubadoo97 got mentioned in a CH article.

3 Likes

Fame at last!

3 Likes

Note the wording: “Chowhound scubadoo97”

2 Likes

They took his quote from a 2013 thread
Guess they have to dig deep over there in CH-land! The quote from Greygarious was from another 2013 thread.

3 Likes