Do you eat in your car?

The wife and I do on our many road trips, usually Libby’s corned beef sandwiches, hers plain ,mine with catsup and pepper sauce. Also corn chips,dry roasted peanuts and cheetos. On our way back from our frequent Montreal trips we would pick up smoked meat sandwiches from Costco with a side of poutine for the road.
We detail our cars twice a year.

Shared a couple of local whoopie pies while driving thru Maine recently. It all was going fine until we hit some bumps on the road then the crumbs started to fly…needed extra napkins for the creamy smudges, too.

1 Like

Never while driving

1 Like

Yesterday I stopped for a snack while out shopping and thought of this thread. I bought pappadum chips instead of the chaat mix mix with all the loose little pieces in order to be a little neater. Baby steps!

1 Like

No car, so no. And I certainly don’t eat on my bicycle, or in the métro system which is “my car”.

1 Like

Well i don’t own a car. And i drive about twice a year or so. I am a totally paranoid driver unable to multitask but i’ll munch a few pretzel sticks at a red light or sugar snap peas on my way back from the farmers market.
For people with a long commute in the car i understand trying to eat breakfast on the go (better than those who get to the office “on time” and then proceed to spend the next half hour making and eating and cleaning up after their breakfast while not actually getting any work accomplished…) but generally i don’t understand the eat a fast food burger or burrito while driving thing. Sounds a lot more dangerous and distracting than anything.

I will gladly eat in my daily driver cars but not in the sports cars. I don’t even even have a beverage in the sports cars. I’m a little ocd though :slight_smile:

I spend much time in the car visiting clients, etc…
I avoid eating in the car and going to the drive-thru.
I’ll go hungry until I can sit down at a table with a knife and fork to eat a proper plate of food.

What were we thinking? We wanted to get on the highway but were hungry, so we picked up a bagel to share in the car. A bagel with vegetable cream cheese, I might add. Well, off we went munching and happy when: Plop! A nice dollop of cream cheese fell on my companion who was driving…luckily, most of it hit the safety belt strap so it was easy to wipe off.

Just a heads up … you can be ticketed for eating while driving

1 Like

Really? like driving while distracted, like texting, type of law?

Apparently… I know someone who got a ticket
She was eating and dropped something and swerved
Officer wrote her up … it’s considered a form of distracted driving

Makes sense.

My prediction is that ten years from now, self driving cars will come equipped with microwave ovens and mini fridges, as well as coffee makers, and fully stocked bars.
I will still not eat in my car.

I will have to be dead before I will ride in one of those things, fully stocked bar or not.

1 Like

But it sounds appealing enough to those who perpetually sit in traffic during commutes.

My Altima SL . Absolutely not . My work truck 89 GMC . Yes , It’s name is lunch box .

I do, but I pull over. Often I pull into a rest stop eat the food I packed for the trip and use the restroom before heading out. If I ate while driving, other than the distraction issue, I wouldnt enjoy the meal nearly as much…too rushed. If the food is semi messy, I would be irked about mayo on the steering wheel!

1 Like

Sort of like having a limo with all the perks, with you eating and imbibing in the rear having a grand old time…

1 Like

3 Likes