Desserts from overripe bananas

Eat up!

I like to add a little melted butter, toasted walnuts or pecans, vanilla extract and a touch of brown sugar to the batter. If it is too thick, I add some milk to thin it out. Buttermilk or other acidic liquids make the texture a little too mushy for my taste.

1 Like

Hey there, really nice for Chocolate-Crusted Banana Blondies. I’ve tried it, not exactly my thing, but nevertheless I enjoyed it a lot.

May I suggest the recipe for my favorite CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD

The source even has a video, with the entire baking process. It can be made in 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about a last minute dessert.

2 Likes

When I was pregnant, basically all I wanted to eat was French Fries and ice cream. I rarely eat either and didn’t want to gain 100lbs. I was making baked fries nearly every day and a variation on this ice cream each night. Tossing a banana in a mini food processor with a little milk or yogurt. Blend till smooth and it is a pretty good cheat. You can throw all kinds of stuff in to fancy it up. Other frozen fruits work well in addition too.

Another tip if you have little ones around. My toddler is a fan of frozen bananas when teething.

2 Likes