Delicious, porky, spicy, fatty goodness

5 Likes

Yay! I have some I need to start cooking with. I’ve taken that “never goes bad” comment to heart.

1 Like

That’s not our experience - with the high fat contend it actually can go bad (mold). It lasts quite a bit unopened but once it is opened it should be used within 1-2 months

3 Likes

Any 'nduja I’ve had on hand is used in 1-2 days.

How do you use it? I got this from Stinking Goose.

Refrigerate after opening and no use by date!

I think I am afraid to open it and start the countdown towards spoilage.

I like to use it on fresh bread, as part of pizza toppings or integrated into tomato based pasta sauces (and once mixed into scrambled eggs)

Thanks! That sounds delicious!

So many ideas are sort of carb forward, but the linked article suggested some beans and greens ideas too.

Yes, it makes a killer base for white bean soup - with or without greens. I like to add kale.

1 Like

Mixed into oatmeal or congee

Interesting! I’m exploring grains, including savory oatmeal!

I like the sound of this one.

As I grow older the thought of sweet oatmeal is becoming increasingly repulsive.

1 Like

Are you the one who doesn’t like butter?

Yup.

I see. I think butter might be one of the best parts of eating oatmeal.

How about

Or
one pot spicy nduja aubergine lentil stew

Ooooo! With sous vide salt cod confit!

I just remembered I also have this, that I stir into things when I remember.

Uh oh- It’s been more than 30 days.

I thought for sure I was going to get stopped at customs for bringing meat from Italy, but it was like they asked questions to prevent me from blurting out “I have meat”!

3 Likes

Funny. Just the thought of oatmeal is repulsive to me - sweet or savory.

3 Likes

I’m with you there.
Like a bowl of glue.
:frowning:

2 Likes

I know it’s healthy and filling, but so are wood clippings.

When I had to stay at my maternal grandmother’s place (hated her), I had the wonderful choice between porridge with sugar, or porridge with salt. I think I choked down the sweetened version, but it’s neither visually nor texturally appealing. Big fat nope.

And the last thing I’d waste on that pasty ish is nduja.

2 Likes

No different than Greek yogurt in many ways.

But I get what you’re saying.

I have never knowingly eaten it which is odd because everything about funky, spicy, spreadable sausage appeals to me. I wonder where in my area I can find it?

1 Like

I don’t know where you live, but you can google ‘nduja near me.’ Push comes to shove, online ordering is your friend :slight_smile: