Delayed / missing notification on “watched” threads

(saregama) #26

Same here

0 Likes

(Eli Paryzer) #28

I stopped getting notifications as well. I only see the ‘likes’ like before.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, the blue number over my avatar stopped showing up this morning. Have to search for the Unread threads in the wavy bacon or at the bottom of any other thread.

0 Likes

(Dan) #31

Still receiving notifications on the same threads days after they were posted or notified multiple times on the same reply.

1 Like

The process queue isn’t backed up as of this moment. Are you still having issues currently?

1 Like

This is probably the reason- the server CPU capacity has been maxed out for a while. I don’t know if there is some processes running in the background post-upgrading, or if the new version just uses more CPU. Either way, I added another CPU to the server, either temporarily or permanently as needed. That should solve it this time, hopefully.

0 Likes

Anyone noticing the website loading slower after the update?
(Eli Paryzer) #34

I seem to be all caught up and up to date with my notifications this morning. Thanks @sck and @hungryonion !

1 Like

Ditto on the up-to-date notifications. Thanks!

0 Likes

(Junior) #36

As of last night / this morning I still received “stale dated” notifications of posts. Nothing since this morning.

0 Likes

(Junior) #37

I don’t know if this helps but I ran some behind the scenes analytics myself, this is what I found:

3 Likes

Your tenacity makes me laugh, @NotJrvedivici. :smiley:

1 Like

Rceiving stale is ok for the time being. It could be that the system is catching up. Please flag if you aren’t receiving current notifications that you should be receiving.

0 Likes

(Junior) #40

All sarcasm/joking aside, how would I know I’m not receiving a notification?

@LindaWhit thank you!

0 Likes

Your avatar wouldn’t have a blue number over top of it showing the number of responses. You’d have to click on the 2 strips of bacon (Mmmmmm…BACON!) to see how many “Unread” threads you had.

0 Likes

(saregama) #42

Got some weird notifications on old threads…

1 Like

@naf, looks like a whole bunch of WFD threads just got pushed in the notification software. Like @Saregama, I just got 17 notifications on threads from 2016, 2017, and 2018.

They all have a little “orange pencil” like below, and when I hover over the pencil, it shows the date/time of editing.

0 Likes

@LindaWhit Yes, it was me! I added just now, tags “wfd” to all the What for Dinner threads!
And a few others, who started WFD threads…@Harters @meatn3 @Scubadoo97 @Presunto @linguafood or @mariacarmen

A note to @biondanonima, she should got some notifications on all the old cuisine of the quarter.

Sorry for the disturbance! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Bookwich

I put also tags for Dish of the Month, tons of notification bothering you too!

0 Likes

(saregama) #46

The tags are very helpful for future searches, thank you!

(Too bad the thread creators get notifications, though!)

2 Likes

Next will be tags for “Weekly Meal Planning”, sorry @ChristinaM, the tons of notifications you will get.

0 Likes