December 2019 Openings and Closings [Boston, New England]

It’s still classical neapolitan style pizza and not flatbread

1 Like

Oh, yes. Might be some sort of record.

it looks like Viet Citron in Burlington is getting close to opening, they had signage indicating as much up yesterday. It’s in a sort of odd location in between HMART and Trader Joe’s in Burlington, right on Middlesex Turnpike. I think maybe it used to be a Subway?

They have a Facebook page and near as I can tell from the one online article I could find it’ll have a small menu with chicken pho and rice bowls available.

2 Likes

I went in and asked and they said that they didn’t sell biscuits. Strange…

Here’s their menu (for the next 2 weeks, anyway, before they close)
https://www.visitthebiscuit.com/menu

I’ve purchased biscuits sandwiches (I really like the homemade pimento cheese filling) and biscuits without fillings.

You must have gotten a particularly uninformed clerk!

1 Like

Eater reports that BLR by Shōjō is closing after dinner this Saturday. This place was always vaguely on my radar, but I never made it in. Now I guess I never will!

4 Likes

A friend who has been raving about the place just texted me. I am sad I never got there based on her raves.

2 Likes

Oh no. We made it to BLR for the first time earlier this year and were looking forward to future visits.

2 Likes

This saddens me too. The original restaurant from decades ago was a pretty good traditional, family style Chinese restaurant and was a favorite of my family. I liked the recent transformation to a more modern take on traditional dishes and will be sad to see it go. I wonder what the plans are for the space.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Interesting. I didn’t know anything about that guy Tenzin Samdo, but he sure impressed a lot of people. Dave Arnold of Cooking Issues and Existing Conditions said a lot of nice things about him when he passed away. Hopefully this will help make something good out of what seems a great loss.

3 Likes

Geez, is every place I like closing down this month? :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Tack on Southern Proper to that list that won’t make it out of 2019. I know that they reduced their menu considerably a bit ago, and my two friends that were bartenders there since open bailed within the last few months.

1 Like

No Name has closed after 102 years in business.

Wow. The “institutions” are falling.

1 Like

They really are.

1 Like

Just another article about the closing, not behind a pay wall in case you can’t read the Globe article.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate but I can’t say I have been to the No Name in the past decade.

1 Like

It really became a tourist trap in the last decade. Last time we were there it was one notch above awful. Sorry to say I won’t miss it.
Didn’t Enjoy,
CocoDan

Ouch, sounds like things really went downhill. Appreciate this perspective.