Culinary news in Westchester/Fairfield!

We started on our Cinco de Mayo fix early, preparing tacos and Mexican casseroles at home. Even a wonderful platter of Birria to share. But yesterday, on our way back from a visit to Westport to buy herb plants for out patio garden at Gilbertie’s and Terrain, we stopped into Boxcar Cantina on Old Field Point Road in Greenwich/Byram. It is one of our favorite venues for Mexican and Southwestern cuisine.
We went for our usual favorites: started with a heaping platter of Tee Pee Nachos, some of the tastiest nachos in the area in our experience and easily shareable. Followed with a loaded Southwestern Chopped Salad and their Boxcar Burger wrapped in a soft taco with fries. Wonderful flavors all around.
The place was jumping, too. We could not sit in their cozy bar room as there was a private party going on. The only aside: not much in the way of acoustics. It can get very loud. www.boxcarcantina.com

Hudson Valley Restaurant Week is coming up from 10/30-11/12… The list is at - Valley Table.

Two new additions of note in Westchester, Goosefeathers and Red Horse by David Burke. Both have their menus posted on the HVRW website and look pretty decent assuming they don’t cheap out on the portion sizes.

1 Like

Update - Red Horse posted their lunch menu for $29.95, valid Thursday-Saturday. Looks pretty good for the price, with similar stuff as the dinner menu. I changed my reservations. I checked the online reviews after posting here and they were rather mixed.

Red Horse by David Burke - Valley Table

1 Like

Almost went there for a celebratory lunch this past April and plans changed. Is it still good?

I have not been there since their pre-opening $20 preview night. They have decent ratings in Google.

1 Like

That looks amazing. Almost makes me want to come back to NY…….well, not really!