Crab Season 2022-23

Lucky AD says cooked Dungeness $5.98, starting tomorrow.

2 Likes

Definitely local crabs? Because they could be from OR or WA, where the season has been going on for a while.

1 Like

Sun’s Market in Millbrae.

4 Likes

Just saw on insta that they’re $6.99 at Sun Fat. Looks like a Weekend of Crab will finally be here shortly!

Whole Foods also has it on sale this week for 6.xx (in SF). and we got it last weekend from Lucky, and it was delicious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whole Foods has live crab? Or if it was cooked already, it was only $6.xx? Never seen cooked crab that low anywhere, let alone WF.

1 Like

Any intel on the price off the boats at Pillar Point Harbor?

These are great prices compared to a few weeks ago!

@dlobo , Does your Lucky have live crabs?

$6 /lb live. Captain Barry

The county has a website and a phone with information.

1 Like

I heard/read $10/lb.

I guess there’s a minor glut. Prices are under $7 generally. GreenFish in Oakland Chinatown had them for $5.99/lb if you buy 3.

1 Like

Thx, I might head down tomorrow, will report back if I do.

2 Likes

This app and website has boat prices for all kinds of seafood, up and down the coast. Pillar Point is well represented.

For the website, you can have it detect your location, or there’s someplace where you can enter a zip code and distance range.

1 Like

Just came back from a quick trip there. Cooked, with prime, $6.29/lb

No, they were cooked crabs

1 Like

7.99 for cooked, 6.99 for bigger than two pounds, and 4.99 for smaller than two pounds ($/lb) at Clement seafood.

$6/lb at Pillar Point Harbor. These are 2.25 lbs but they had 1.5 and up. 5-6 boats selling. I didn’t go to Big Crab boat because I felt bad nobody was going to the boats on the left and wanted to spread the wealth.

6 Likes

If you had to choose, :crab: or :lobster:?

1 Like

That’s tough I grew up on the east coast but have come to love Dungeness crab. Slight edge to lobster.

2 Likes