Counter dishwasher, microwave oven size, yay or nay?

10 minute cycle, half a gallon water, price tag $300.

I think I will prefer to wash them by hand.

1 Like

Personally I wouldnt bother.

We didnt have a dishwasher before we moved into this house and only got one then because there was a space left by the previous owner. I do like the full size and use it regularly. But, if we ever move to somewhere smaller I doubt whether I’d miss one too much.

I don’t use a dishwasher. However, if I do use one, this dose look promising. It doesn’t take a lot of space, no expert installation, inexpensive…etc. Sure, it doesn’t seem to able to handle many dishes, but this is great for single or two-person household.

That would be completely useless to me - two plates, two glasses and two bowls? Plus it takes up counter space, which New Yorkers simply DON’T have. I would think something like this would be way more popular in the city:

Hard pass. I have an “apartment-sized” GE dishwasher that fits 3 days of dishes (for our household of two) and lives under the counter. It would take me longer to load & unload that stupid thing than it would to hand wash what’s in it.

Except that landlords of rental apartment buildings won’t install them for a lot of different rea$on$.
I agree the tiny one would not be something i would purchase (lack of counter space being one reason!) i do get the attraction and the tenant could take with when moving elsewhere- assuming tiny dishwasher still worked.

I just realized that there are plenty countertop dishwashers already. Most of them are in the same price range or a little cheaper.

I guess the real selling points for this one is that it doesn’t even need plumbing, you add the water yourself. In addition, you can cook a lobster with it. Kind of a very interesting combo functions. Not sure how many people will take advantage of this: Wash your dishes first, and then cook your lobster… Or cook your lobster first, and then wash your dishes…

1 Like

I can’t imagine how lazy a person would have to be to refuse to hand-wash the five dishes and three pieces of silverware that might fit into this thing. $300? Please.

Now that is interesting as a sous-vide cooker. I watch the video again, the strong vapour and spraying make me think it is more a steamer than a sous-vide cooker though.

Yeah… I doubt it is a real sour vide. Still… just imagine … the possibility of cooking your lobster and while washing your dishes back to back (possibility at the same time if you dare)

Help cover Hungry Onion's costs when you shop at Amazon!

Honghe Hani Rice Terraces, Yuanyang County, Yunnan
Credit: inkelv1122, Flickr