Costco faves/ disappointments- 4th quarter 2015

It’s an awesome deal! Still there as of last week. It’s probably not ideal but i’ve frozen it (after transfer to different container so it has room to expand) and no noticeable taste difference

Today I stopped into the Yonkers store which is located off the NYS Thruway. I assumed they didn’t carry the suja mighty greens juice because I had never seen it in the store… I don’t drink fruit juices so I rarely bother checking out the aisle that has the chilled juices… duh…They do have it and it was $8.99 for the 59 oz container. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention, I would have otherwise not known it was available.

Went to the San Francisco Costco this past week. They had 1lb packages of chanterelles so I couldn’t resist. They were completely flavourless. Such a disappointment.

Oh no! I just bought some today and hadn’t seen your post. How did you cook them? I was planning on just sautéing with garlic and EVOO. Maybe roasting will help concentrate the flavor?

I sautéed in butter with shallot and garlic. When almost done, I added parsley and some cream and let it simmer a bit. Served on toast. All I could taste was shallot. Button mushrooms have WAY more flavour than these. Hopefully yours will be delicious!

I know these aren’t new to all, but I found the Delici Dark Chocolate mousse cups in the Dedham, MA Costco last week. I thought they were quite good - nice, dark flavor, with a slightly bitter finish - just the way I like my dark chocolate.

Bought a bag of the little necks (about 5 lbs) for hotpot on Xmas. I was nervous that they would be tough or dead, given the size of them and how many of them had cracked shells. To my surprise, not a dead clam in the whole bag and after much rinsing and soaking, fairly grit-less as well. The only hesitation is the size of them - the largest little necks I’ve had. Some reminded me more of quahogs.

The caramels are gone - seems to have been a short term special. But I recently tried the caramel/chocolate covered macadamia nuts and they are wonderful!

Costco’s retune policy applies to food as well as pretty much everything else, but our local Costco asks you to return at least half of the package.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Costco Q1 and Q2 2016

A post was merged into an existing topic: Costco Q1 and Q2 2016