Costco best buys

It’s corned beef season at Costco, and in San Francisco they have, besides the usual Shenson’s, Snake River Farms corned beef. They call it “American Wagyu beef”, and I have no idea if that’s even a thing, but it’s some seriously great corned beef. $7.99/lb., and worth every penny. Used some of the leftovers to make one of the best Reubens I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

They carry it at the Port Chester Costco if you’re willing to schlep up on the Metro North!

Tempting but i gave up my membership… my parents are still member though and i’ll certainly pick some up when i visit them. And the drug dogs at JFK love when i have coffee in my suitcase :wink: so that’s like a fun bonus.

2 Likes

This probably isn’t the place for this comment, but we’ve gotten used to Portuguese canned tuna (ASdoMAR brand). I was recently served the Wild Planet tuna, and it tasted like cat food in comparison.

Begun the Tuna Wars have.

1 Like

You’re right, it isn’t.

At my local Costco (Marlboro, NJ) They have Kitchenaid 6 Qt ‘Professional’ mixers for $249.00. No idea if it’s all the Costcos. 3 colors available - red, black & grey.

Snake River Farms corned beef is back at the San Francisco Costco (for a limited time, I assume).

1 Like

For St Paddy’s Day

I’ve had hit or miss experiences with my corned beef (my fault, not the ingredients). But now I’ve been itching with making corned beef with my Instant Pot. I’ll have to see if our local Costcos carry that.

1 Like

It’s that time of year. Costco is having their annual D’Artagnan Christmas sale. I just got the below great deal for $124.99. It normally retails for around $200.00.
https://www.costco.com/d’artagnan-13-piece-gourmet-food-lover’s-luxury-charcuterie-gift-box-12.5-lbs..product.100682449.html

6 Likes

Happy you posted this and thanks @paryzer. Perfect for a gift I need.

1 Like

You’re welcome @Lambchop! That will be one lucky gift recipient :slightly_smiling_face: I just tasted the ham and it is so juicy and delicious. It would go great in a Cuban sandwich. It was so big that we broke it up into 4 pieces and vacuum sealed them.

1 Like

Good idea to portion it up. It’s actually for H, so I’ll get to enjoy too, but I know he’ll love it. Have a healthy, happy and safe holiday season. I know it will include great food and wines @paryzer.

1 Like

That’s even better (to keep it in the family) :grinning:
Thank you! Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas!

1 Like