Costco 2019

Is it still free for the 2nd? I know back when I first joined Costco it was.

Yes still free to add a second person. So you technically could split the cost of a membership with a friend so it would be 30 a piece for a year (basic membership, not the one with a credit card.) Also, I’m not sure when this started, but they take Visa now.

1 Like

I THINK I read recently that the second person has to have the same address as the primary member.

Maybe they changed the rules, but since April of last year you can have a person at another address. My mom has my sister on hers and she is in a different state.

Found this on the Costco website, under membership and privileges:
Primary and Affiliate Members receive one free Household Card for anyone over the age of 18 and living at the same address. Household Cardholders will be asked to present proof that they live at the same address as either the Primary or Affiliate Member.

Interesting. Well I guess they either changed the rule or the person that set up my mom’s card didn’t care or screwed up.

Same freebie applies to biz accts and addresses are even more likely diff.

Let’s see if they’re on their toes and see if a guy from New Jersey can put a guy from Texas on his card as a third. There!