Costco 2019

I haven’t tried very many CedarLane products but have enjoyed the ones I have eaten.

1 Like

They have vanilla beans right now, a pack of 5 for $17 I think it was. Excellent price.

3 Likes

Kirkland Signature Trail Mix has become a go to snack for the kids. They also enjoy a piece of toast on Dave’s Killer Bread; it’s a bit high in sugar for my taste but still better than many of the snacks they get at school, etc.

1 Like

Yes I just bought them and they look really beautiful!

FlavCity with Bobby Parrish: Costco Breakfast Haul - What To Buy At Costco For Making Breakfast & Smoothies - w/ Thomas Delauer

Prime grade

3 Likes

One of my favorites are the rib caps they sell or use to sell. Have seen them recently

They are great but indeed a rare find there.

For all of you crab fans out there, it’s that time of year. Today is the first day of five days for their Dungeness crab and Alaskan King crab leg sale. Paging @corvette_johnny :slightly_smiling_face: Run do not walk to your nearest Costco, Mrs. P just bought 8 of each. We are both having 1 of each tonight and have vacuum sealed the rest. They said they can be vacuum sealed. They are already cooked and frozen.

2 Likes

NICCCE! I now know what is in my agenda for tomorrow. Do you know what they ran a pound? (The dungies)

2 Likes

I think they went for $8.99 a pound. It was about $15 or $16 per crab, and they were nice size crabs. I think I gave the wrong amount in my previous post.

Thanks for the tip! We just got a crab for $11 and change–it should be large enough to feed the 2 of us.

1 Like

My pleasure @StephanieL . I hope you enjoy them. Yes, the crabs are huge. Try getting a crab that size for $11 at a restaurant :slightly_smiling_face: It would probably be triple the price. There is so much sweet meat on 1 crab. I actually like it better than a lobster.

We bought the prime ribeye caps a couple weeks ago for DH’s birthday dinner (he requested steaks and roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon). First time cooking the cap - i like that Costco rolls them into rounds with twine. Cooked in a cast iron skillet. So good. Like butter.

5 Likes

We’re planning to extract the meat and cook it in a Thai-style sauce with coconut milk and home-grown lemongrass, over jasmine rice.

2 Likes

That sounds awesome! Enjoy! I had some excellent spicy Southern crab curry at Ammata Thai in River Vale, NJ. It came with big chunks of blue crab meat.

2 Likes

I found St. Agur blue cheese in Port Chester on two separate occasions over the past couple of months, but it was gone as of last Friday. However, the delicious Bel Gioioso baby burratas that I found there last year and hadn’t seen since were back, so the trip wasn’t a total loss :wink:. Costco giveth and Costco taketh away.

3 Likes

Yay to Costco for having big honking bottles of cheap brandy (Korbel in this case) for us to use as the basis for homemade Van der Hum liqueur.

Has anyone tried the Noel Serrano ham in the box with stand and knife?

1 Like

I’m curious too. I’ve also seen a bunch of articles this year saying Costco is carrying bellota jamon too - but it isn’t on their website and I’ve only seen what you show in the pics. Anyone seen the bellota?