Costco 2017 2nd half

Just found the Aussie Bites in a random stop at the Costco in Carlsbad, CA. We were on our way home from San Diego, needed a few things, and didn’t think we’d make it to our regular location by closing. We’d never seen them before in our South OC area. They’re a winner!!! Hope they’re now in our local Costcos.

I’m a big fan of Costco’s smoked pulled pork. It’s delishus with a little homemade Carolina mustard and vinegar sauce, and a lot easier than smoking a whole butt.

Our local Costco has also been carrying a line of Korean dumplings with chicken and cilantro from Bibi Go lately that are pretty good.

1 Like

I love that pulled pork! Reminds me I have some in the freezer.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever noticed it before. Where is it? (frozen, in with prepared foods)

Refrigerated section with the soups, precooked meats, cheeses

2 Likes

Yep. Refrigerated section. 2bs for $ 4.99 a lb.

You poke 4 holes in the bag and microwave for 5 minutes.

Then I make a Carolina sauce with red pepper flakes, cider vinegar, yellow mustard and brown sugar and sauce it up.

Delishus served with your favorite Cole slaw recipe and jiffy corn bread in a skillet.

I also have to say that the Kirkland Master Carve hams are also really good.

Delishus well developed smoky cure with not a lot of water added. It reminds me of some of the better quality German hams.

Sliced up thin they make great sandwiches, but tonight I am using it to make cordon blew.

Usually $ 2.79 a lb but I have found them for $ 2.29 a lb. occasionally on sale.

Found out 2 weeks ago that Costco is ordering saffron again from a reliable source working at Pacific Plaza Imports when I called
Last time I purchased from Costco, it was the Spanish COUPE Saffron , 1 ounce ( 28.35gms) for about $35.00. They have not had saffron for a while.
He informed me that Costco had a lot of request and they are getting ready to ship to Costco. He told me to be on the lookout for it. It is item number Item #1207879, is not the coupe but full bodied saffron of 14 gms It retails for $110 at pacific Plaza but hinted that since Costco buys big quantity, there would be substantial savings
I have been searching for it at Costco.com. It just became available .
for $79 , free S/H.
I am not sure it will be available at the warehouse.

@ccj. My Spanish saffron stash, brought home from my last visit, is almost depleted. Just have Turkish now. So, I have ordered. They would never carry saffron in my local store. Wrong demographic. Looking forward to tasting. Thank you for the head’s up.

Very good price indeed. I bought in France’s farmer market, 1 gram = 40€ ($46.50).

Pacific Plaza sells it at their internet site for $110
The guy told me that Costco has special deal with them as they buy in large quanity and so pass it on to consumers.