Cooking stuffed pork chops

I bought stuffed pork chops (bread stuffing and porchetta rub on the outside) yesterday to have for dinner tonight. I haven’t had them since I was a kid, and I remember loving them. The butcher said to roast them at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes. Does that seem right? Should I sear them on both sides before I put them in the oven? I’m hoping the HO experts will point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Look for an internal temp of 160 and check at the 20 min mark and keep checking until you hit that sweet spot. As for searing first, if you have a cast iron pan, get it hot, add a bit of butter and sear quickly then immed to your preheated oven.

3 Likes

I am with Rooster. I have an All-Clad grill pan, which I get screaming hot and I rub the outside of my chops whether stuffed or not with some EVOO about a minute on each side and then the pan and chops into a 350 oven as you noted. I use and instant read thermometer to check the internal temperture. (An instant read thermometer one of the best kitchen tool investments I have made: Alpha Grillers Instant Read Thermometer about $20 on Amazon)

For whole cuts of pork, 145f is safe, only go up to 160f if you have ground meat or prefer well done.

4 Likes

Thanks to you and @PHREDDY . I seared them on the outside in my All-clad with a little olive oil, and then baked them at 350 for 25 minutes. They were great, and the porchetta rub added a lot.

3 Likes

Wonderful!