Cookie Help!

A few notes:

The piping went really smoothly. We estimated it would take three hours. It took only one, with soothing Christmas music playing in the background.

Piping

3 Likes

I was fearful the cookies would line up unevenly and fall over… But my husband was unnerved and skillfully arranged the cookies with royal icing in between to hold them.

JerryStacking

Stacking

4 Likes

Congratulations… it’s beautiful.

Thank you Saregama, to answer your question, I used this recipe from Cook The Story which Scott suggested. I found the tips and explanations very helpful. https://cookthestory.com/sugar-cookie-recipe/

The icing was standard royal icing using meringue powder plus a little Wilton white food coloring to bring out the brightness.

1 Like

Cookies drying

CookiesDry

Cutting out the largest size snowflake took a lot of dough. The Kransekake took two of each size cookie.

Cutter

A few extras to decorate around the tree.

Extras

3 Likes

Julia Child said to never admit to making a mistake in cooking and your guests will think the dish is how it is supposed to be, or words to that effect.

So, I won’t say how I mistakenly lost count and the kransekake is short a couple layers. Nope, won’t say that.

3 Likes

Thank you for the tips Scott!

Curious — do the cookies eventually get eaten?

The cookies are edible, but they are on the hard side, like a gingerbread house. First time I’ve made this, and after Christmas it’s fair game to everyone in the family, so we’ll see.

Then they get dipped in milk, egg nog, or Baileys prior to each bite.

2 Likes

Anybody who suggests to you that perhaps you made a mistake should be cracked on the noggin immediately, and invited to do it “correctly” next time!

2 Likes

Thanks Steve. Everyone here is so kind. Scott, good ideas for dipping. Coffee and hot chocolate will work too!!

1 Like